**THIS TOUR IS NOW ACCEPTING RESERVATIONS FOR THE 2021 SEASON**
Explore Juneau's highlights of the emerging bar and cocktail scene. Guests will get a sampling of delights such as hot wings, fish tacos, kelp salsa to pair with their craft cocktails and beer samplings. Experience the oldest bar in Juneau as well as some newer establishments.
The Juneau Bites and Booze tour offers visitors a great way to sample both Juneau's signature and beloved eats and drinks!
- Tracy's King Crab Shack
- Deckhand Dave's
- Barnacle Coast to Kitchen
- McGivney's Downtown
- Amalga Distillery
- Imperial Bar/Front Street Cafe
- The Narrows Bar
- Alaskan Hotel & Bar
Please note: Minimum age to participate in tour is 21 years of age.
Inclusions: All food and beverages.
Duration: 3 hours (Roundtrip from cruise terminal.)
- Minimum age: 21 years old
Duration: 3 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 15 minutes - Tracy’s King Crab Shack
- 15 minutes - Deckhand Dave’s
- 15 minutes - Barnacle Coast to Kitchen
- 15 minutes - McGivney’s Downtown (restroom break)
- 20 minutes - Amalga Distillery
- 15 minutes - Imperial Bar/Front Street Café
- 20 minutes - The Narrows Bar
- 15 minutes - Alaskan Hotel & Bar
- This tour meets at the Juneau Fisherman's Memorial. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is wheelchair accessible. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for special mobility will be required. It is helpful to determine whether or not the guest is able to walk a mile (with intermittent stops for tasting locations) and stand for about 15 minutes at a time at two different stops. If the operator is unaware beforehand of necessary accommodations, they may not be able to accommodate guests day-of.
Can we shop on the tour?
Absolutely! The tour time has been scheduled to allow for some quick shopping at the retail destinations. We even provide you a shopping bag to take back your tasty goodies.
What if it is raining?
Juneau is located in the beautiful Tongass National Forest, which is the largest temperate rainforest in the world. We tend to get quite a bit of rain. This is what makes Juneau and Southeast Alaska so beautiful. Locals refer to the rain as “liquid sunshine.” We encourage guests to wear a lightweight rain jacket because rain or shine, we will dine!
What is included in the tour?
All food, wine pairing, and beer tasting are included. Each tour participant is given a shopping bag with tour information, recipes, and coupons for shopping.
OK, so food is included. How much food?
Each tour is designed to provide enough food for a hearty lunch, yet not leave participants so full that they cannot enjoy the rest of their visit in Juneau.
I am visiting by cruise ship. Am I allowed to take food purchases back onboard the cruise ship?
Each cruise line has different rules and regulations about bringing food onboard. Any open containers, agricultural products, and items that are not pre-packaged are generally not allowed. We recommend that you check with your ship for customs policies.
What about food allergies?
We will try our best to work within your food allergies or restrictions. Seafood and shellfish are served on this tour, as are meats and cheeses. Please let us know in advance if there are any issues or concerns. We can accommodate vegetarian, gluten free, and lactose intolerant.
Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
Juneau is a mountainside city and our tour includes traversing some inclined streets, as well as some stairs. We encourage participants to gauge their own abilities as to whether these issues will be barriers.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!
Sep 2019 - Charlene F.
Went back to several locations to eat during our vacation. I don't drink much and I don't like beer, but really great if you do. Terry did a great job