Come on an adventure by e-bike tour in SE Alaska. Join us for an easy and enjoyable electric-assist bicycle ride on the road to nowhere, the end of our paved road system. This road dead ends at the edge of extensive wilderness, where you will then take a guided hike on an enjoyable trail through dense rainforests, along a stream with waterfalls, rapids, and calm sections.
This hike features a wide array of flora and fauna and beautiful beach views from which we often watch seals swimming, salmon jumping, and sometimes even get to watch humpback whales feeding near the shoreline or Orcas come by.
Take a break at the stream's edge, which just may be the quietest and most relaxing place on your whole vacation. You will then return hike to the waiting e-bikes, and on the return bicycle ride, make another stop along the Inside Passage shoreline to check out the sea and beach comb a little bit on the rocky shore.
Smoked salmon, picnic tables, and a great view are waiting as we return to our scenic oceanfront facilities. A convenience store with craft beers is on site. All tours provide round-trip transportation from your cruise ship/hotel, and excellent gear is provided for any needs.
Your crew features mostly local guides and professional educators with experience as commercial Alaskan salmon fishermen, commercial winter dive fisheries in Southeast Alaska, experience guiding dog sled tours and work in guiding positions across the country. Their experience and personalities bring great depth to your experience.
Duration: 4 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal.)
- Electric Bicycle
- Helmets, gloves, rain pants and rain jackets are provided.
- Wear clothing that would be appropriate for an outdoor hike through the forest with the weather on your given day. The best advice for gearing up for any excursion along your trip is to bring layers.
- Guests must sign a liability waiver. No expereience necessary, but the waiver will ask that you have ridden a bicycle within the past 2 years. If this is not the case, we ask you please take a ride or two before vacation.
- Anyone under 5' tall may have issues handling the size and weight of the e-bike.
- Weight limit: 250 lbs
- Age limit: Ages 16+
Duration: 4 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 45 minutes - gear up and safety briefing
- 2.75 hours - biking and hiking
- 30 minutes - de-gear and return to pick up location
- This tour meets at the cruise ship terminal. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not wheelchair or limited mobility accessible.
What type of clothing should I wear?
Layered clothing is always recommended for Alaskan weather. We recommend you wear clothing that would be appropriate for an outdoor hike through the forest with the weather on your given day.
Are there any age restrictions for guests?
There is a minimum age of 16 years old to participate.
Are there any weight restrictions for guests?
There is a weight limit of 250 lbs for this excursion.
Are there any height restrictions for guests?
Anyone under 5' tall may have issues handling the size and weight of the e-bikes. Please contact our team if you have additional questions.
Can I bring a backpack?
Backpacks, small bags, and purses are allowed on this tour.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!