Take an adventure from behind the handlebars of a Segway as you zoom through the surrounding trails of Juneau. You'll start with familiarizing yourself with the Segway with your knowledgeable guide before you take off for a perfect ride through Juneau. You'll first encounter views of the Mendenhall Glacier with opportunities to see bald eagles or even a Humpback whale.
This 3-hour tour will include several photo stops at the pristine waters of the Lynn Canal as well as a stop to get off your Segway to walk to a secluded beach to enjoy locally-sourced refreshments. You'll be surrounded by the breathtaking Tongass National Forest. The guide will teach you all about the diverse native flora and fauna that surrounds the Juneau area.
Duration: 3 hours (Includes round trip transportation)
- Roundtrip transportation
- Bottled water & locally sourced snack
- Helmet for use during Segway ride
- Rain poncho available as needed
- All guests must be at least 14 years old
- Wear only closed-toed shoes
- Minimum weight requirement is 100 pounds
- Maximum weight requirement is 250 pounds
- Pregnant guests are not permitted on this tour
- Guests must be able to reasonably maintain balance
- Guests under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted on this tour
Duration: 3 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 20 minutes - transportation from pier to the starting point
- 20 minutes - safety training and gearing up
- 1.5 hours - scenic sightseeing via Segway with photo opportunities
- 10 minutes - walk through the Rainforest Access Trail to Outer-Point Beach
- 20 minutes - break to enjoy a locally-sourced snack
- 20 minutes - transportation back to Mt. Roberts Tramway
- This tour meets at the Mount Roberts Tramway
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not limited mobility accessible
Will I see any wildlife or bears on this tour?
Wildlife is abundant in Southeast Alaska and sightings are possible on any tour, however this is not a designated wildlife tour and nothing can be guaranteed.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
You must be age 14 years or older to participate in this activity.
Can I bring a backpack?
Small bags may be brought along but must be stored in the van. They are not permitted on the Segway portion.
Jul 2020 - Stanatasia C.
A new experience on seeing Alaska. As first timers on a segway I was a little hesistant at first but you get wonderful hands on instructions with the guides and they ensure safety first. You learn lots of great facts about Juneau and it was a great time. Worth every penny!