**THIS TOUR IS NOW ACCEPTING RESERVATIONS FOR THE 2022 SEASON**
Take an adventure from behind the handlebars of a Segway as you zoom through the surrounding trails of Juneau. You'll start with familiarizing yourself with the Segway with your knowledgeable guide before you take off for a perfect ride through Juneau. You'll first encounter views of the Mendenhall Glacier with opportunities to see bald eagles or even a Humpback whale.
This 3-hour tour will include several photo stops at the pristine waters of the Lynn Canal as well as a stop to get off your Segway to walk to a secluded beach to enjoy locally-sourced refreshments. You'll be surrounded by the breathtaking Tongass National Forest. The guide will teach you all about the diverse native flora and fauna that surrounds the Juneau area.
Duration: 3 hours (Includes round trip transportation)
- Roundtrip transportation
- Bottled water & locally sourced snack
- Helmet for use during Segway ride
- Rain poncho available as needed
- All guests must be at least 14 years old
- Wear only closed-toed shoes
- Minimum weight requirement is 100 pounds
- Maximum weight requirement is 250 pounds
- Pregnant guests are not permitted on this tour
- Guests must be able to reasonably maintain balance
- Guests under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted on this tour
Duration: 3 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 20 minutes - transportation from pier to the starting point
- 20 minutes - safety training and gearing up
- 1.5 hours - scenic sightseeing via Segway with photo opportunities
- 10 minutes - walk through the Rainforest Access Trail to Outer-Point Beach
- 20 minutes - break to enjoy a locally-sourced snack
- 20 minutes - transportation back to Mt. Roberts Tramway
- This tour meets at the Mount Roberts Tramway
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not limited mobility accessible
Will I see any wildlife or bears on this tour?
Wildlife is abundant in Southeast Alaska and sightings are possible on any tour, however this is not a designated wildlife tour and nothing can be guaranteed.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
You must be age 14 years or older to participate in this activity.
Can I bring a backpack?
Small bags may be brought along but must be stored in the van. They are not permitted on the Segway portion.
Sep 2021 - JACQUELINE F.
Wow- Enjoyed this Tour! It was conducted over on Douglas Island. New-well maintained Segways. Tour guide provided informative information through out the tour. Even have microphones so that you can hear the guide speaking as you glide along. Tour was done at a comfortable pace. Great way to see scenery and wildlife. Next time I visit the Juneau area I am going to try the Alpine Meadow Trail Segway Tour.
Jul 2020 - Stanatasia C.
A new experience on seeing Alaska. As first timers on a segway I was a little hesistant at first but you get wonderful hands on instructions with the guides and they ensure safety first. You learn lots of great facts about Juneau and it was a great time. Worth every penny!