**THIS TOUR IS NOW ACCEPTING RESERVATIONS FOR THE 2021 SEASON**
Meet with your skilled local guide at the Harrigan Centennial Hall as you climb aboard a full-sized passenger van heading south down along Silver Bay. Your guide will point out local flora and fauna such as bald eagles or Sitka Black Tail Deer.
Your first stop on your Journey will be at The Fortress of the Bears. This non-profit facility is home to 7 native bear rescues, 4 of which are Coastal Brown Bears and 3 Black Bears. You will get within 25 feet of these native giants and listen to their stories of hardship and recovery.
After you spend time with our bears, you will head over to The Alaskan Raptor Center. This rehabilitation center for birds of prey is home to multiple species of eagles and owls. Make sure to check out the famous Flight Training Center where you can see bald eagles regaining their skills of flight, well on their way to recovery and release back to the wild.
The grand finale of this tour is a stop at the Sitka National Historical Park. This protected stretch of rainforest is a historical piece of land due to its collection of totem poles, the 19th century battle of the Sheeta Kwan Kiksadi Clan, and the gorgeous cultural center with onsite interpreters. Here you can choose to walk along the winding trails and paths, admire the totem poles, learn all about the occupation of Russian American troops, or inspect the exhibits and demonstrations about carving, fur, beading, and metalworking.
Duration: 2 hours (Roundtrip transportation)
- Roundtrip transportation
- Admission to Fortress of the Bears
- Admission to Alaska Raptor Center
Duration: 2 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 30 minutes - roundtrip narrated scenic drive
- 30 minutes - at the Fortress of the Bears
- 30 minutes - at the Sitka National Historical Park
- 10 minutes - photo stops at Silver Bay
- This tour meets in front of the Harrigan Centennial Hall. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not wheelchair or scooter accessible. We can accommodate a foldable walker and we offer a step stool for easy access in and out of our vehicles. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for a foldable walker and a stool will be required on tour.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
There are no age restrictions for this tour.
Can I bring a backpack?
Backpacks, small bags, and purses are allowed on this tour.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Non-alcoholic beverages in a closeable containters and snacks are allowed on tour.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!