Juneau Norris Glacier Fly In, Hike & Packraft Outing
Join the fun on this epic five-hour adventure to the Norris Glacier!
Packrafting is swiftly becoming one of the fastest-growing sports in Alaska. After being outfitted with the appropriate gear and safety briefing, you'll be transported to your nearby six-seater floatplane. Take to the skies on a thirty-minute scenic flight out to the Norris Glacier. The scenic flight will head towards the mouth of the Taku Inlet, a gateway to the flowing glaciers of the Juneau icefield.
After your pilot lands the craft on the Norris Glacier-fed lake, disembark and get ready to begin a hike over glacially carved terrain to a cove where your packraft awaits. From here, you will be outfitted in your single-person packrafts and introduced to paddling techniques by your guides. Once you launch your packraft, your paddle to the glacier will take you past icebergs, all while taking in the stunning mountain and glacier landscapes around you.
As you approach the glacier, prepare to beach your boat right on the Norris Glacier, your guide will assist you in getting out of your packraft and into micro-spikes. Explore the moonscape-like area of the glacier all by foot and get panoramic views of Norris and Taku glaciers. Look for crevasses, glacier pools, moulins, and other incredible ice features. Glacier features come and go throughout the season, just like the ebb and flow of our glaciers. Upon completion of your glacier hike, slide back into your packraft and paddle back to shore. Your floatplane awaits to take you back to Juneau after what is sure to be an unforgettable experience.
Please note: Prices for this tour vary based on tour date and time, where the *from* price represents the lowest discounted price. All prices are the lowest possible rate and are backed by our price-match guarantee.
- Roundtrip transportation
- Professional guides
- All necessary paddling equipment and glacier gear
- Rain jacket, pants, and rubber boots
- Forest Service permits
- Hearty, healthy snack & bottled water
- A minimum of 3 passengers is required to book
- Minimum age: 12 years old
- Maximum weight: 250 lbs per person due to plane weight capacity
- Size restrictions: The smallest shoe size available is a youth size 2 and the largest, a men's size 14
- Guests must be able and conditioned to paddle 1-hour roundtrip and hike on uneven terrain up to 2 miles. This is a moderate to strenuous activity level excursion however no prior experience is necessary
- Pregnant guests are not permitted
- Signed liability waiver
Duration: 5 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal.)
- 30 minutes - Van transport to headquarters for outfitting
- 30 minutes - Gear outfitting, orientation, and transport to the floatplane
- 30 minutes - Scenic Floatplane Flight to Norris Glacier
- 2 hours - Hiking, Packrafting, and Glacier Trekking (Visiting specific features such as ice caves, moulins, etc. cannot be guaranteed. Your guide will assess potential hazards on the trip to determine if a particular area is safe to trek upon or enter)
- 30 minutes - Scenic Floatplane flight back to town
- 30 minutes - Transport to headquarters to de-gear
- 30 minutes - Return van transport to downtown, major hotels
- This tour meets near the Goldbelt Mt. Robert's Tramway building. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not wheelchair or limited mobility accessible.
Due to the intensity of this tour, we recommend injured guests do not take this tour. Tour guides may deny participation on the day of the tour if they are made aware of any physical problems that would compromise the group's safety or progress.
Visiting specific features such as ice caves, moulins, etc. cannot be guaranteed. Your guide will assess potential hazards on the trip to determine if a particular area is safe to trek upon or enter.
Bald eagles, herons, shorebirds, artic terns and waterfowl are all common sights, however this is not a designated wildlife tour and specific wildlife cannot be guaranteed.
The temperature really depends on the weather, but expect the temperature near the glacier to be 5-10 degrees cooler.
Weather depending, you are encouraged to wear gloves and layers. We'll provide you with waterproof jackets, pants, and rubber boots.
The maximum weight for this excursion is 250 lbs per person due to plane weight capacity.
The maximum number of guests per tour is 6 people and a minimum of 3 guests are required to book.
The minimum age on this tour is 12 years old.
Check out other frequently asked questions here!
We do not have any review about this excursion yet.
Best Price Guarantee!
Duration: 5 hours
Best Price Guarantee!
"Best Price Guarantee" means we offer the local wholesale rates for all of our tours because
we feel that everyone should get the same lowest price possible regardless of how many
excursions you book. No tricks, no gimmicks, no hidden fees.
Duration: 5 hours
Adult (Ages 12+): $829.00