Escape into the heart of history! Travel 67.5 miles by train between Skagway, AK, and Carcross, YT, traveling the same route that the Klondike stampeders traversed in 1898! Couple that with a motor coach transfer along the scenic Klondike Highway to/from Skagway, with a stop at Emerald Lake for photos, for the perfect combination of your Canadian & Alaskan holiday adventures.
A hearty boxed lunch will be served on board as the train travels the length of Lake Bennett and arrives in Carcross, YT. Bennett, BC, is accessible only via the White Pass train or by hiking the world famous Chilkoot Trail, so it's a very exclusive and completely unique experience. Wander through the historic Bennett Station House museum and the remains of the Chilkoot Trail National Historic Site.
If untouched, breathtaking scenery, a railroad adventure, and a day packed with historic happenings is what you're looking for, then the Skagway Bennett Scenic Railroad Journey is the excursion for you!
Included: Boxed lunch included on board between Bennett and Carcross: Hearty turkey sandwich, chips, side and dessert included. Vegetarian and gluten free options upon advance request. Please indicate meal preference in reservation notes.
Please note: Passports or US Passport cards ARE required for this tour. Passenger coaches are heated and are equipped with restrooms. This tour is not equipped with a wheelchair lift. All passengers are required to climb five steep steps onto the train car. There is a short walk to the meet up location - a shuttle is available to take for an additional price paid to shuttle driver day-of. Child price for ages 3-12.
Duration: 8 hours (Roundtrip from downtown Skagway.)
- Boxed lunch (hearty turkey sandwich*, chips, side and dessert) and beverages
- *Vegetarian and gluten free options available upon request
- A valid passport or US Passport card is required for all guests on this tour
- All passengers are required to climb five steep steps onto the train car - this tour is not equipped with a wheelchair lift
Duration: 8 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 2.5 hours scenic train trip to Lake Bennett, BC**
- 45 minutes stopover at the historic Bennett Rail House
- 1.5 hours scenic train trip to Carcross, YT
- 30 minutes in Carcross for exploration and shopping
- 2.75 hours scenic bus ride to Skagway** (Includes stop at "Welcome to Alaska" signpost)
**The 7:45AM departure will go train up and bus back. The 9:30AM departure will be bus up and train back.
- This tour meets at the Skagway Train Depot. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This train is not equipped with a wheelchair lift. Guests must be able to climb several steps into the train and bus. An optional shuttle, the Skagway Municipal and Regional Transit (SMART Bus), is available to take guests to/from docks to meet up location for an additional fee the day of tour.
Do I need a passport for this tour?
Yes, a valid passport or a US passport card is required for all guests on this tour.
Will I be able to exit the train during the tour?
Yes, you will have free time to explore at your stops in Lake Bennett and Carcross, BC.
Are there restrooms on the train?
Yes, each train car is equipped with a restroom.
Are there restrooms on the bus?
No, bus doesn't have restroom facilities, but they will stop at the restroom at least once during the return trip.
Is this tour a train ride in both directions?
No, this tour is a scenic train trip in one direction and a scenic bus ride in the other direction. The order of train/bus travel varies on departure day and time.
What is the seating arrangement on the train?
Each rail car holds approximately 43 passengers. We do not assign seats, passengers will be instructed by the Station Master which train car they are welcome to board. Once on the assigned car, passengers are free to choose any seat availble. Passengers will not be given their car assignment until the day of travel when they meet with the Station Master.
Are there any physical requirements for this tour?
Guests must be able to climb several steps into the train and bus. This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
What type of clothing should I wear?
Dress for the weather. Layered clothing is recommended, it is possible for slight temperature drops due to elevation, however the train cars are heated.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
There are no age restrictions for this tour.
Can I bring a backpack?
Backpacks, small bags, and purses are allowed on this tour.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Non-alcoholic beverages in a closeable containters and snacks are allowed on tour.
Are food and drink included?
A boxed lunch is included with this tour.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!
Want to learn more about our train tours?
Check out our blog for more details on all of the train tours we offer: https://alaskashoreexcursions.com/blog/white-pass-yukon-route-railway!