This tour was designed specifically with the adventurous in mind. It is far away from the crowds and affords the chance to see wildlife and Alaska in its pristine beauty. Dock to dock, this is a 3 hour excursion.
Located at the picturesque Eaglecrest Alpine, the tour follows a cross-country Nordic ski trail beside snow studded mountain peaks and towering spruce. A short training session helps you get acquainted with your Segway- and how it responds to your body language. After training you'll be given safety equipment and your own Segway. You'll be surprised how quickly you get the hang of it and how fun it is to ride.
Because you are on a Segway, you will have the opportunity to intimately interact with nature. Listen for eagle calls in flight, possibly see wildlife and smell the freshest air on earth. The balloon tires of the X2 are perfectly suited for the groomed gravel trail and provide a cushioned ride. Guests will enjoy cruising along through tall stands of Sitka Spruce and Hemlock. Glide through serene alpine meadows studded with ponds of lilies all in the shadow of snow capped peaks.
Your guide will provide interesting facts and details about the flora and fauna that are unique to Alaska. Several short stops for photos and to walk around are provided. The halfway point of the tour brings guests to breath-taking Fish Creek and it's crystal clear, snow melt waters home to all 5 species of salmon.
A short 10 minute walk along the Historic Treadwell Ditch gives guests a chance to see the old growth Tongass Rainforest in all of its pristine beauty and learn historic facts about Juneau and the gold rush. The guides will then share a locally sourced snack with the group.
This adventure is a must do experience! Your friends will wish they had come along.
Duration: 3 hours (Includes round trip transportation from Mt. Robert's Tramway Building)
- Roundtrip transportation from Mt. Robert's Tramway Building (central to the cruise ship docks)
- Bottled water & locally sourced snack
- Helmet for use during Segway ride
- Rain poncho available as needed
- All guests must be at least 14 years old
- Wear only closed-toed shoes
- Minimum weight requirement is 100 pounds
- Maximum weight requirement is 250 pounds
- Maximum age - 65 recommended unless very active, then 70
- Pregnant guests are not permitted on this tour
- Guests must be able to reasonably maintain balance
- Guests under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted on this tour
Duration: 3 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 20 minutes - transportation from pier to the starting point
- 30 minutes - safety training and gearing up
- 30 minutes - scenic riding with stops
- 30 minutes - short hike and snack
- 30 minutes - continued scenic riding
- 20 minutes - transportation back to Mt. Roberts Tramway
- This tour meets at the Mount Roberts Tramway, central to the main cruise ship docks in Juneau. Finalized ticket vouchers will have information for meeting your local tour operator on the day of your excursion.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not limited mobility accessible
Will I see any wildlife or bears on this tour?
Wildlife is abundant in Southeast Alaska and sightings are possible on any tour, however this is not a designated wildlife tour and nothing can be guaranteed.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
You must be age 14 years or older to participate in this activity.
Can I bring a backpack?
Small bags may be brought along but must be stored in the van. They are not permitted on the Segway portion.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!
Aug 2022 - Brandi C.
This was awesome! My family was truly amazed riding through the forest. We didn't want our time to end!
Jul 2022 - Cheryl B.
Ben and Alyssa did a great job on our tour. It was beautiful and Ben was so knowledgeable about the local history and plants. They also helped us feel comfortable on the Segways quickly!!