Exhilarating. Amazing. Breathtaking. Join the fun on this three-hour active trek by way of an electric bike, or e-bike. This is a great activity in Juneau to enjoy the natural beauty as the e-bike allows you to relax and pay attention to the scenery. Journey farther and get to iconic locations with a boost from your bike.
Your electric bike is equipped with an electric bike motor to assist you when you're pedaling. Feel a boost with every push of the pedal and effortlessly visit longer distances with uphill slopes. Different
ability and fitness levels are equalized because you get to choose the level of electric assist desired.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the largest temperate rainforest in North America, covering nearly 17 million acres, including nearly all of Alaska's Inside Passage. The mighty Sitka Spruce, Alaska's state tree, dominates the Tongass and can be identified by its very straight top and sharp-tipped needles. Another common species in the forest is the Western Hemlock, with its drooping top and soft, flat needles. The old-growth trees of the Tongass can be anywhere from 200 to 700 years old.
All guests joining this activity should be between the ages of 12-70 years of age. The maximum weight for guests joining this tour is 250 lbs. All guests participating must have no issues with balance or are taking medication that would affect their balance. Pregnant guests are not permitted. Please note, a minimum of 4 is required for this activity to go ahead. If the minimum is not met, we will reach out to you for alternative arrangements.
Duration: 3 hours (Includes round trip transportation from Mt. Robert's Tramway Building (central to cruise ship docks))
- Roundtrip transportation from Mt. Robert's Tramway Building (central to the cruise ship docks)
- Peddle assist electric Mountain Bike
- Rain poncho available as needed
- Bottled water, light snack
- All guests must be at least 12 years of age
- Wear only closed-toed shoes
- The maximum weight requirement is 250 pounds
- Maximum age - 70 years of age, unless very active.
- Pregnant guests are not permitted on this tour
- Guests must be able to reasonably maintain balance
- Not recommended for guests with back or joint problems as the difficulty level is moderate.
- All guests must be able to bike for 10 miles
- Guests under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted on this tour
Duration: 3 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 20 minutes - transportation from Mt. Robert's Tramway building to the starting point
- 10 minutes - safety training, outfitting, and equipment briefing
- 2 hours - riding along the coast and through old growth forest with break and snack
- 30 minutes -loading and transportation back to Mt. Roberts Tramway
- This tour meets at the Mount Roberts Tramway, central to the main cruise ship docks in Juneau. Finalized ticket vouchers will have information for meeting your local tour operator on the day of your excursion.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not limited mobility accessible
Will I see any wildlife or bears on this tour?
Wildlife is abundant in Southeast Alaska and sightings are possible on any tour, however, this is not a designated wildlife tour and nothing can be guaranteed.
Will I see the Mendenhall Glacier?
If it's a clear day, yes! There is a beautiful photo opportunity with the glacier in the background.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
You must be age 12 years or older to participate in this activity.
Will it rain? If so, will the tour be canceled?
With an annual rainfall of over 100", rain may be likely. Locals call this liquid sunshine! Rain ponchos are provided if needed and the tour will not be canceled unless it is typhoon hurricane level of winds and rains.
Can I bring a backpack?
Small bags may be brought along but must be stored in the van.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!