Join us for a delicious taste of Alaska on this Juneau food tasting tour! We'll visit local eateries and sample a variety of classic Alaskan flavors with local tour guides who live in Juneau year-round. Each participant will receive a reusable/recyclable gift bag that includes some local coupons and recipes!
Tracy's King Crab Shack:
Crab bisque, crab cake, roll
Panko crusted salmon filets, house-made tartar sauce
Merchant's Wharf Salmone Shoppe:
Alaska game meats (elk, caribou, reinder) & restroom break
Harbor Spice & Tea:
Ice Cave Blue Tea
Alaskan Hotel & Bar:
Locally brewed beer
1.2 miles (includes small incline)
Included: All food and beverages.
Please Note: Please leave a note when booking if you have any severe food allergies or dietary issues. We can accommodate gluten-free, lactose-free, and some vegetarian diets. Minimum age to participate is 12. Total walking requirements is about 1.2 miles with some uphill walking and stairs.
Duration: 2.75 hours (Roundtrip from downtown meeting location.)
- Minimum age: 12 years old
- Plan to wear comfortable shoes & attire for weather
- Recommended that guests bring a rain jacket
- Total walking is about 1.2 miles and includes uphill and some stairs
Duration: 2.75 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- Total walking: Approx 30-40 minutes/1.2 miles (includes small incline)
- 15 minutes at Fisherman's Memorial
- 15 minutes at Tracy's King Crab Shack
- 15 minutes at Deckhand Dave's
- 20 minutes at Merchant's Wharf Salmone Shoppe with restroom break
- 15 minutes at McGivney's Downtown
- 20 minutes at SALT with restroom break
- 10 minutes at Harbor Spice & Tea
- 15 minutes at Alasakan Hotel & Bar
- This tour meets at the Juneau Fisherman's Memorial. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is wheelchair accessible. Wheelchairs and motorized scooters are acceptable. Due to the pace of the tour, we do not recommend walkers. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for special mobility will be required. It is helpful to determine whether or not the guest is able to walk a mile (with intermittent stops for tasting locations) and stand for about 15 minutes at a time at two different stops. If operator is unaware beforehand of necessary accommodations, they may not be able to accommodate guests day-of.
Can we shop on the tour?
Absolutely! The tour time has been scheduled to allow for some quick shopping at the retail destinations. We even provide you a shopping bag to take back your tasty goodies.
What if it is raining?
Juneau is located in the beautiful Tongass National Forest, which is the largest temperate rainforest in the world. We tend to get quite a bit of rain. This is what makes Juneau and Southeast Alaska so beautiful. Locals refer to the rain as “liquid sunshine.” We encourage guests to wear a lightweight rain jacket because rain or shine, we will dine!
What is included in the tour?
All food, wine pairing, and beer tasting are included. Each tour participant is given a shopping bag with tour information, recipes, and coupons for shopping.
OK, so food is included. How much food?
Each tour is designed to provide enough food for a hearty lunch, yet not leave participants so full that they cannot enjoy the rest of their visit in Juneau.
I am visiting by cruise ship. Am I allowed to take food purchases back onboard the cruise ship?
Each cruise line has different rules and regulations about bringing food onboard. Any open containers, agricultural products, and items that are not pre-packaged are generally not allowed. We recommend that you check with your ship for customs policies.
What about food allergies?
We will try our best to work within your food allergies or restrictions. Seafood and shellfish are served on this tour, as are meats and cheeses. Please let us know in advance if there are any issues or concerns. We can accommodate vegetarian, gluten free, and lactose intolerant.
Is alcohol served on the tour?
Yes. One tasting has a wine pairing and our final tasting will be locally brewed beer. For our guests ages 12-20, we will have iced tea or a soft drink available.
Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
Juneau is a mountainside city and our tour includes traversing some inclined streets, as well as some stairs. We encourage participants to gauge their own abilities as to whether these issues will be barriers.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!
Sep 2018 - Debbie R.
Enjoyed learning a little bit about the town & trying some of the local food, especial the hog wing "the best". Although it would have been just as easy for us to walk off the ship & walk around we wouldn't have learnt as much.
Aug 2018 - Neil H.
very enjoyable, guide was top also
Jul 2018 - Alan K.
A fun way to sample a variety of foods from some very cool places and get some history of Juneau along the way. Well organized so that when we got to each spot the restaurant was prepared for us. Quite a variety of tastes and types of food. A great way to spend some time in the city.