Join our team of mushers on an adventure you won't soon forget! Learn about Alaska's official state sport and experience a thrilling ride through the forest. Your excursion begins with a scenic drive along Gastineau Channel, and into the Ship Creek Valley.
When you arrive at the summer dog camp, you will hear the excited yips and barks as the dogs greet you! Before you embark on your dogsled ride, tour the camp and learn about the history of dogsledding. You will also have the opportunity to visit a 19th century replica of an Iditarod Outpost.
Next, climb aboard a wheeled training cart and relax as your team of Alaska Huskies pull you through the rainforest! Enjoy each and every moment of the 1.5-mile dog sled adventure before arriving back at the sled dog camp.
Once back at the camp, you will have a chance to snuggle with the puppies! Be sure to have your camera ready for some fantastic photo opportunities. After a quick meet and greet with the puppies, your guide will transport you back to downtown Juneau.
Duration: 2.25 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal.)
- Signed liability waiver
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Children 13-17 must have a signed parental consent form to participate without a guardian
Duration: 2.25 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 1 hour - roundtrip narrated transportation
- 30 minutes - tour of the site and presentation of dogsledding history
- 30 minutes - mushing through the rainforest
- 20 minutes - photo opportunities and sled dog puppy visits along with refreshments
- This tour meets in front of the Mt. Robert's Tramway building. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to walk short distances and raise their knee 8 inches to accommodate steps into and out of the vehicles. There is limited space for collapsible wheelchairs and walkers. There is no storage available for motorized scooters. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsible equipment will be required on tour.
Can I pet and play with the sled dogs?
Yes, the dogs love human interaction and the musher's will let you get close and snuggly with their team.
Do I get to drive the dogsled?
No, for safety reasons you will not have the opportunity to run the sled.
How many passengers ride in the sled together?
Each sled can accomodate 6 guests.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
There are no age restrictions for this tour.
Is there any weight restriction?
There is no weight limit for this tour. Guests must be able to walk short distances and raise the knee 12 inches to accommodate steps into and out of the vehicles.
Can I bring a backpack?
All bags must be stored at the prior to participatin on the sled ride part of the tour.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Non-alcoholic beverages in a closeable containters and snacks are allowed on tour.
Are there any physical requirements for this tour?
Guests must be comfortable walking short distances on uneven surfaces.
What type of clothing should I wear?
Layered and waterproof clothing are recommended.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!
Want to learn more about our dogsledding tours?
Check out our blog for more details on all of the dogsledding tours we offer: Alaska dog sled tours!