See all the unique sights of Juneau from an incredibly unique mode of transportation; a Segway! This tour explores special areas that are unavailable to big tour buses on an adventure around Downtown Juneau. You'll learn how to drive a Segway, like a pro as you explore the rich history with your knowledgable guide.
First, you'll see seven authentic totem poles created by Tlingit and Haida to celebrate their heritage and swing by the Georgian style Governor's Mansion.
This tour will Segway into your next stop at Gold Creek; the birthplace of the infamous Gold Rush. You will also have the chance to view the headquarters of where Alaska's "liquid gold" billions are managed.
Before heading back to the cruise ship dock, we'll take a break to indulge in locally sourced refreshments in a cozy cafe before heading to the life-sized breaching whale statue with 360-degree photo opportunities!
Don't miss out on the historical adventure from the comfort of your own Segway on this tour that's perfect for all ages, families, and solo travelers!
Duration: 2.5 hours (Includes round trip transportation.)
- Roundtrip transportation
- Bottled water & locally sourced snack
- Helmet for use during Segway ride
- Rain poncho (if needed)
- All guests must be at least 14 years old
- Wear only closed-toed shoes
- Minimum weight requirement: 100 pounds
- Maximum weight requirement: 250 pounds
- Pregnant guests are not permitted on this tour
- Guests must be able to reasonably maintain balance
- Guests under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted on this tour
Duration: 2.5 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 10 minutes - meet your guide
- 10 minutes - transportation to the starting point
- 20 minutes - safety training and gearing up
- 1.5 hours - scenic sightseeing via Segway with photo opportunities
- 20 minutes - returning equipment & transportation back to the pier
- This tour meets at the Mt. Robert's Tramway Building. Fully detailed meeting instructions will be on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not wheelchair or limited mobility accessible.
Will I see any wildlife or bears on this tour?
Wildlife is abundant in Southeast Alaska and sightings are possible on any tour, however this is not a designated wildlife tour and nothing can be guaranteed.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
You must be age 14 years or older to participate in this excursion.
Can I bring a backpack?
Small bags may be brought along but must be stored in the van. They are not permitted on the Segway portion.