Of all of the amazing ways to experience the rainforest, one of the most exciting is to fly through the trees on an Alaska zipline tour! The Tongass National Rainforest offers breathtaking views and with this Juneau excursion, you'll be able to take them in from the treetops!
The excursion begins with a drive up to the Eaglecrest Ski Area, on Douglas Island, which doubles as a zipline course in the summer months. Your driver will provide history and commentary on the way from downtown all the way up to the zipline base and summer ski lodge. There, you will be met by our friendly staff, who will outfit you in all the necessary gear and provide your safety briefings. You'll start with a practice run to make sure you are comfortable before heading out on this Juneau Alpine zipline course.
Each zipline will land you in a tree house platform, where you will have time to capture the best moments and scenery with your camera. Indulge in delicious blueberry tea while your guide tells you all about what you are seeing, provides you with history and stories, and answers any questions you may have about the area. Ziplines are only one of the many fun adventures on this zipline excursion.
Toward the end of the trip, your group will traverse over a suspension bridge while looking down at a salmon spawning stream. Then, get your inner lumberjack ready, because you'll have the chance to try your hand at axe-throwing! This activity is suitable and available to both children and adults.
At the end of the excursion, you will have more time to relax at the ski lodge with a snack and a slideshow of all the photos from the day. Local beer and souvenirs are available for purchase in the shop. This tour is a memory-maker for those of all ages!
The observer rate is for those who wish to travel to the zipline course with their family or friends, but NOT actually participate in the ziplining activity. Observer guests will be able to watch their travel companions go on the first zip line only. While waiting, the observers can hike around the area, participate in an axe throw, or simply wait at the lodge where food & beverage is available for purchase.
Included: Roundtrip transportation. Light snack & beverage. Rain coat & safety gear provided.
Please note: Participants are required to be at least 8 years old and weigh between 70-250lbs. Guests should be comfortable with heights and walking up about 50 stairs. This tour is not recommended for people who are pregnant, have seizures or recent neck, shoulder or back injuries/surgery. There will be an opportunity to sign a waiver and lock up personal belongings. Participants are encouraged to wear layered clothing and long pants. Closed-toed/closed-heeled shoes are required; sandals or heels are not permitted.
Duration: 3.75 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal.)
- Roundtrip transportation from cruise ship terminal
- All safety equipment and zipline gear (helmet, chest and waist harness, and zipline pulley)
- Rain jackets available if needed
- Light snack and beverage
- Minimum weight: 70lbs
- Maximum weight: 250lbs
- Minimum age: 8 years old
- Closed-toed/closed-heeled shoes are required
- Guests should be comfortable with heights and walking up about 50 stairs and down 300 feet of maintained gravel trail
- This tour is not recommended for people who are pregnant, have seizures or recent neck, shoulder or back injuries/surgery
Duration: 3.75 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 1 hour roundtrip transportation from downtown Juneau to Eaglecrest Ski Resort
- 30 minutes safety orientation and zipline practice
- 1.5 hours ziplining tour
- 15 minutes optional axe throwing
- 15 minutes relaxation time and photo presentation in gift shop
- This tour meets in front of the Mt. Robert's Tramway building. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to climb 4 steps into and out of the bus. There is limited space for collapsible wheelchairs and walkers. There is no storage available for motorized scooters. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsible equipment will be required on tour.
Do I need prior ziplining experience to participate?
No experience is necessary for this tour, and beginners as well as experts are welcomed!
Are there any physical requirements for this tour?
Participants should be comfortable with heights and able to walk up about 50 steps and down 300 feet of maintained gravel trail. This tour is not recommended for people who are pregnant, have had recent neck/back injuries or surgery, are in a wheelchair or over 250lbs in weight.
What type of clothing should I wear?
Layered clothing, long pants and weather appropriate dress is recommended. Closed toe shoes (sneakers, hiking or rain boots) are required; sandals and other open toe footwear is not permitted.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
Children must be at least 8 years old and weigh a minimum of 70lbs.
Can I bring a backpack?
All backpacks, bags, and purses are required to be placed in lockers (provided) and are not allowed on the zipline tour. Personal cameras and video devices are allowed while ziplining.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Food and beverage are not allowed on tour.
Are food and drink included?
A light snack and beverage are included on this tour. Alcoholic beverages are available for purchase after ziplining is completed.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!
Want to learn more about our zipline tours?
Check out our blog for more details on all of the zipline tours we offer: https://alaskashoreexcursions.com/blog/alaska-zipline-tours!