Join your local and experienced guide at the cruise dock, and then venture off into the wilderness on this authentic Alaskan sightseeing journey. After some brief introduction and general overview of what is ahead, you'll begin your bike ride journey into the lush forests around Ketchikan.
If at some point it seems lake the daylight is getting dimmer, it's not a figment of your imagination. It's the reality of the towering Spruce and Hemlock trees hovering over you. This three-mile stretch gives unprecedented views that calm and relax the soul.
Your attentive guide will point out unique features of the forest, and will offer you breaks as needed. You'll be served a snack the Alaskan way, complete with clam chowder and smoked salmon. You'll continue to look for fauna, and the unique Sundew plant, which uses the moisture from dew that enable them to trap and feed on the insects.
On your way back to the main cruise ship terminal, you'll get to soak up the beautiful views and history of the beautiful Ketchikan.
Duration: 4.5 hours (Includes round trip transportation)
- Roundtrip transportation from cruise ship terminal
- Most rain gear & biking equipment
- Souvenir button is complimentary. Other items available for purchase
- Alaskan style snack of hot clam chowder, smoked salmon dip, rolls and wild berry jam
- Hot and cold beverages: soda, water, tea and coffee
- You must be 8 years or older to participate on this tour. Guests age 8 to 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Guests age 13 to 17 must have a signed parental consent form to participate without a parent or guardian.
Duration: 4.5 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 40 minutes for nature walking
- 3.75 hours of biking
- This tour meets in front of the Visitor Center on the dock. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not limited mobility accessible. Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate and should be in good health and have no medical conditions that restrict or impede their ability to participate in riding a bicycle and walking over varied natural terrain including dirt trails, exposed tree roots and rocks.
How many people are usually on this tour?
There is a minimum of 4 people required for the tour to operate as scheduled. The maximum capacity for each tour departure is 44 people.
How should I dress for this tour?
Some rain gear is provided, however guests should dress in warm layers for maximum comfortability throughout the day.
Is there any certain age requirement to participate on this tour?
Guests must be at least eight years old to participate. Those guests ages 8-12 must be accompanied by an adult. Any minors ages 13-17 need a parental consent form if parent is not joining them.