This personalized private tour will take you to the Saxman Native Village Totem Park. Here you will find the world's largest collection of Totem Poles. Some of the poles were moved here from the old Cape Fox Lodge and are over a hundred years old. Browse the park and learn the stories and history of these grand historic works of Native Art. Learn of traditional tools, paints, and techniques of Totem Pole carving as you watch carvers perform their craft at the Carving Shed.
The next part of your journey continues on a scenic 9-mile coastal drive to beautiful Herring Bay, a quaint area that takes you far away from the crowds and people. Slow down and take in the sites and sounds of the beautiful wildlife viewing area. During salmon season, black bears, eagles, herons, and fur seals are often spotted in this area. View the salmon just a few feet away as they fight their way upstream from June through September. This tour also includes Creek Street and our famous "Red Light District".
If your party is 14 people or less, please select the $850 option. For parties larger than 14 (up to 25 passengers), please select the $1,718.75 option.
Duration: 2.5 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal.)
- Roundtrip transportation from the cruise ship terminal
- Fully narrated tour with a public address system onboard
- Umbrellas are available to use as needed for tour duration
- Dress in warm layers, wear comfortable shoes
- Bring your camera and a pair of binoculars for closer viewing
Duration: 2.5 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- Saxman Native Village
- Native Carving Shed
- Village Store - Authentic Artwork
- Herring Bay Black Bear Viewing
- See Active Eagle’s Nests
- Historic Red Light District “Creek Street”
- This tour meets inside the Ketchikan Visitor's Bureau, booth #17, located in front of berth 2 on the dock.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to climb into and out of the van/coach. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsible equipment will be required on tour. This tour does not have a wheelchair lift but foldable wheelchairs and walkers are welcome.
Which price should I select?
If your party is 14 people or less, please select the $850 option. For parties larger than 14 (but no more than 25), please select the $1718.75 option.
Are there any restrooms available on this tour?
There are restroom stops available at the Saxman Native Village and Herring Cove viewing area.
What type of clothing should I wear?
Dress for the weather. Layered clothing is always recommended for Alaskan weather. Sneakers are recommended for the terrain.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
There are no age restrictions for this tour.
Can I bring a backpack?
Backpacks, small bags, and purses are allowed on this tour.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Non-alcoholic beverages in closeable containters and snacks are allowed on tour.
Do you offer tours for large groups?
Definitely! If you have a larger group, we can accommodate in 25 passenger coaches or larger. Please contact us with your group requirements at [email protected]
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!