See the sights around Ketchikan like a local with this customizable small group tour. Your guide will take your group of up to 6 passengers to your chosen destinations. This tour allows you to maximize your experience in Ketchikan! It's a great option for families of varying activity levels.
Potential stops include (but are not limited to): Saxman Native Village, Totem Bight State Park, waterfalls, the beach, the salmon hatchery, Tongass National Forest, bear viewing, scenic photo opportunities, the salmon ladder, and a local favorite bar called Hole in the Wall. Your expert guide will narrate your experience at every location you visit.
Learn about the fascinating history of Alaska's "first city," take in beautiful Alaska Native cultural works, see firsthand how salmon are caught and processed, or try a local brew. All of this and more is possible on the Ketchikan Small Group Private Tour.
This tour can be fully customized with options that are more/less active or limited mobility accessible. We can also tailor your tour in accordance with the weather since it can be unpredictable in Southeast Alaska. Please note: The ticket price includes entry/service fees for most chosen activities. Additional tour costs are infrequent but could apply depending on your chosen itinerary. We will contact you in advance with this information.
This is a small group tour with a maximum capacity of 6. Please book one "Vehicle" for your party of 6 or fewer. Please check out our Ketchikan Exclusive Sightseeing Private Tour if your party is larger than 6.
Duration: 2.5 hours (Roundtrip from the Ketchikan Visitors Center.)
- Roundtrip transportation
- Bottled water, snacks, other beverages
- Umbrella and rain jacket if needed
- This tour can be customized to accommodate guests of different ages and activity levels.
Duration: 3 hours. Times will vary based on group's activity choices. Possible options include:
- Ketchikan city loop
- Herring Cove Wildlife Sanctuary
- Saxman Native Village
- Totem Bight State Park
- Local beaches
- Scenic photo opportunity locations
- The salmon hatchery
- The salmon ladder
- Ward Lake Recreational Area (hiking)
- Hole in the Wall bar
- This tour includes roundtrip transportation from the cruise terminal. Guests can also request drop-off at an alternate location should they prefer. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility and wheelchair accessible, depending on which destinations are selected. Guests should be able to climb three steps into and out of a tour van, with assistance if necessary. There is limited storage for collapsible wheelchairs and walkers. Our vans are not able to accomodate motorized scooters. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsible equipment will be required.
What if my party is larger than 6?
Please click here to check out our larger group version of this tour!
Can you provide a car seat for my child?
Yes, car seats are available upon request. Please leave a note at checkout if you will require a car seat.
Are food and drink included?
Bottled water and snacks are provided.
Are there any physical requirements for this tour?
Most potential locations on this tour are accessible to guests of all activity levels. Some locations will have stricter physical requirements than others. For instance, guests who choose the hiking option should be comfortable walking 1.5 miles on uneven terrain. For information on specific physical requirements at certain tour stops, please contact us.
What type of clothing should I wear?
We recommend wearing layers and close-toed, comfortable, waterproof shoes. Rain jackets and umbrellas will be provided if necessary. Ketchikan is often rainy, but it never hurts to bring your sunglasses just in case.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!