Ketchikan Wilderness Zodiac Quest
Zip through the waters to the beautiful George Inlet Fjords!
Get ready for a fun-filled adventure with this exciting Zodiac tour! You'll have the time of your life as you set out on the waters to the ever-scenic George Inlet Fjords.
Zodiac is a brand that sells heavy-duty, motorized inflatable rafts. These lightweight but rigid boats are ideal for traversing the waters of Southeast Alaska, so they are popular among locals and adventure seekers.
Your tour begins with van transport through downtown Ketchikan and along the coastline of the Tongass Narrows. You'll even have the opportunity to see the Native totem art that Ketchikan is famous for as we pass Saxman Native Village.
We'll finally reach the Beaver Falls Salmon Cannery, where you'll follow a short path through the rainforest to the Zodiacs. Please be advised that parties under 3 will share a boat with other guests. Everyone who's over 25 with a valid driver's license will have an opportunity to drive their own boat!
You'll follow your guide out to the incredible George Inlet Fjords. A fjord is a narrow inlet surrounded by steep cliffs formed through thousands of years of glacial activity, and the views they provide are unparalleled. Your guide will teach you about the history of the area and point out potential wildlife sightings.
After your ride, you'll return to the cannery for snacks and refreshments. Then you'll be transported right back to the cruise terminal downtown.
- Roundtrip transportation from cruise terminal
- Snack and beverage
- Gear/equipment: rain jacket, rain pants, life vest, rain boots, goggles
- All guests who wish to drive the Zodiac must be at least 25 and have a valid driver's license.
- Minimum age of 4, maximum age of 99
- Minimum weight of 40 lbs, maximum weight of 300 lbs
- Minimum height of 42"
- Signed liability waiver
- Must be able to climb 4 steps in and out of a bus, walk roughly 1/4 mile on uneven terrain, walk down your ship's gangway, and be able to enter and exit Zodiac boats
- Not recommended for guests with neck or back problems, pregnant people, patrons with mobility issues, or those traveling with mobility equipment
Duration: 3.25 hours (Roundtrip from cruise terminal.)
- 30 minutes - transport to George Inlet Cannery
- 10 minutes - walk through the cannery
- 15 minutes - equipment and safety briefing
- 80 minutes - Zodiac ride
- 30 minutes - returning gear, enjoying our snack, and checking out the gift shop
- 30 minutes - transport back to the cruise terminal
- This tour meets at the Ketchikan Visitor Center by the bronze statue. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not wheelchair or limited mobility accessible.
Comfortable clothing and layers appropriate for the day of weather conditions and preferably clothing you don't mind getting soiled or dirty. Closed-toe shoes are to be worn. Helmets and rain gear are provided.
There is a maximum of 6 passengers per zodiac. Typically, we will have 4 guests per zodiac depending on availability.
The maximum capacity for our tour van is 14 passengers. Multiple vans are available for groups bigger than 14.
Cameras and phones may be brought on this tour. There is a gift shop available to purchase photos on a zip-drive from your UTV adventure, apparel and goods from local vendors.
Bald eagles, Sitka black tail dear and black bears are common sights, however this is not a designated wildlife tour and specific wildlife cannot be guaranteed.
Definitely, arrangements of tours for groups or large families are possible. There are 12 zodiac boats available. Please contact us with your group requirements.
We run this tour rain or shine. While the vehicles do have windshields, there is a very likely chance that mud and/or dust can get on guests.
Check out other frequently asked questions here!
On Jun 2023
Awesome tour!! Our best tour we booked!!!
Best Price Guarantee!
Duration: 3.25 hours
Best Price Guarantee!
"Best Price Guarantee" means we offer the local wholesale rates for all of our tours because
we feel that everyone should get the same lowest price possible regardless of how many
excursions you book. No tricks, no gimmicks, no hidden fees.
Duration: 3.25 hours
Adult (12+): $249.00
Child (4-12): $228.00