As part of a small group (maximum of 9), spend 3 hours in the Ketchikan area, traveling with your Ketchikan Photo Safari guide who shares great insight and knowledge. You will visit multiple sights to be given the best possible opportunities to use your photographic equipment to achieve iconic photos of the Ketchikan area "off the tourist beaten path.”
Flowers, totems, rainforests, beaches, boats, mountains, creeks, waterfalls, and the chance of wildlife encounters entice us to discover them all. Enjoy narration of local culture, art, history, commerce, and lifestyle between stops, and gain helpful tips and techniques on your cell phone, point-and-shoot, or DSLR camera.
Ketchikan Photo Safari welcomes the novice to the professional. You can expect 7-8 separate photo sites. Enjoy complimentary snacks of gourmet cookies and locally brewed coffee, and bottled water. This is an experience that will be time well invested in Ketchikan, Alaska.
Duration: 3 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal.)
- 3 hours with an award-winning photographer
- Photographic technique discussion
- Snacks & beverages including gourmet cookies, locally brewed coffee, & bottled water
- Please note: camera is not provided. Please bring your own phone, camera, and/or equipment
Duration: 3 hours. Tour time below are approximate:
- 20 minutes - meet & greet your tour guide
- 20 minutes - Rushing Waters site
- 15 minutes - Flowing Waters site
- 15 minutes - Cape Fox Totems site
- 20 minutes - Totem Heritage site
- 15 minutes - Creek Street site
- 15 minutes - Mountain Vista site
- 20 minutes - Bar Barbor site
- 20 minutes - Deep Woods site
- 10 minutes - Ocean Front site
- 10 minutes - Ocean Vista site
- 20 minutes - transportation back to the cruise ship terminal
- This tour meets at the Berth 2 near the Bronze Statue. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket voucher.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible; however, walkers and canes are okay as long as the participant is able to get into and out of the van.
Are cameras provided on this excursion?
Cameras are not provided on this excursion. Please bring your own phone, camera, or device to take photos with.
What type of transportation is used for this tour? Will we see bears, moose, eagles, or whales on this tour?
All Ketchikan Photo Safari guides are equipped with modern Mid-High Roof Ford Transit Passenger Vans for ease of entry and exit for your comfort and safety.
Will we see bears, moose, eagles, or whales on this tour?
Wildlife is abundant and sightings are possible on any tour; however, this is not a designated wildlife viewing tour. Eagles, Harbor seals. and salmon are commonly seen but nothing is guaranteed.
Are there any restrooms on this tour?
Yes! There are several restroom stops throughout the tour. Just let your driver know that you would like the next available restroom stop.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!
Jun 2022 - Duane F.
Our guide, Ben, found some great spots for photos. He provided technical assistance as well as history for the area. Would highly recommend this tour.
Jun 2022 - Kathleen B.
I can not recommend this excursion enough. Not only did we visit beautiful spots around Ketchikan and learn about the area, but I learned great photo techniques that I did not realize were available on my IPhone. My husband brought a camera and he got some fabulous photos as well.
May 2022 - David P.
Well done with a small group tour in Ketchikan! Some good techniques for better picture taking - you do not have to be a pro. Wish we had an extra hour.