Ketchikan Fly Out Fishing Tour
Come bend a fly or spin rod in the wilds of Southeast Alaska
Beautiful small streams and gorgeous lakes with lots of trout, salmon, steelhead, and very few other fishermen await you. It is not uncommon to go fishing here and not see another group on the same body of water. Enjoy the tranquility and serenity that comes from being out in nature and trying your beginner or practiced hand at fly fishing.
We provide flies or lures, equipment, and transportation. You don't know how to fly fish but have always wanted to learn? We can provide a guide who will give one-on-one instruction in the beautiful Alaskan wilderness. Your plane carries up to five passengers and the total time for this tour is approximately 5 hours with 4 hours of it fishing.
Flight times will be determined by fishing location and weather conditions so your time in the skies could be anywhere from 30-75 minutes. Enjoy a window seat and narration by your local pilot for the ultimate Southeast Alaskan excursion.
Please Report Accurate Weights of each Passenger
Accurate weights are needed to determine the correct size plane for this excursion to fit the balance and weight profile of your aircraft. Reporting inaccurate weights could result in a canceled excursion not eligible for a refund.
- Noise-canceling headset to listen to the pilot's narration during the 30-75 minute flightseeing (length dependent on the location being fished at)
- Fishing gear including waders, rods, tackle
- Roundtrip transportation from the cruise ship dock
- Bottled water
- Minimum of 3 participants is required for this tour
- Minimum age: 5 years old
- Guests must be comfortable walking short distances and getting into and out of the float plane.
- Not recommended for guests with back or hip problems
- Signed liability waiver
- Accurate weights are needed to determine the correct size plane for this excursion to fit the balance and weight profile of your aircraft. Reporting inaccurate weights could result in a canceled excursion not eligible for a refund.
Duration: 5-5.25 hours (Roundtrip from the cruise ship terminal. )
- 30 minutes - roundtrip transportation from the Visitor's Center to the floatplane dock (If your cruise ship docks at WARD COVE, please review detailed meeting instructions for pick-up information)
- 30-75 minutes - flightseeing via floatplane (length dependent on the location being fished at)
- 4 hours - fishing
- This tour meets at the Bronze Statue on the north side of the Ketchikan Visitor's Center. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers. All guests docking at WARD COVE, your guide will pick you up at this dock.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not wheelchair or limited mobility accessible.
There is a maximum of either 4 or 6 passengers per floatplane depending on weight.
We recommend purchasing your $15 one-day fishing license online from the Alaska Department of Fish and Game.
The temperature during flight is roughly similar to the ground temperature, and each plane is equipped with heaters if necessary.
Yes, all seats on the floatplane have a window view.
Wildlife is abundant in Southeast Alaska and sightings are possible on any tour, however, this is not a designated wildlife tour and nothing can be guaranteed. While there is generally good success with fishing, there are no guarantees.
The minimum age for this tour is 5 years old.
Small bags may be brought along but must be stored in the rear cargo area of the floatplane.
Non-alcoholic beverages in closeable containers and snacks are allowed on tour.
Bottled water is provided.
Guests must be comfortable walking short distances and getting on and off the aircraft with minimal assistance. This tour is not recommended for guests with back or hip problems.
Layered clothing and water-resistant jackets are recommended. You will need to supply your own rain jacket.
Check out other frequently asked questions here!
On Jul 2023
Absolutely worth it! Great views and good times.
Best Price Guarantee!
Duration: 5-5.25 hours
Best Price Guarantee!
"Best Price Guarantee" means we offer the local wholesale rates for all of our tours because
we feel that everyone should get the same lowest price possible regardless of how many
excursions you book. No tricks, no gimmicks, no hidden fees.
Duration: 5-5.25 hours
Passenger (Ages 5+): $675.00