Ketchikan City Highlights, Totems & Sightseeing
Explore the largest standing totem park in the world
Ketchikan has several historic highlights you won't want to miss! From bears and totem parks to colorful Creek Street, this tour will charter a small group to multiple local destinations. Keep your eyes peeled and cameras ready for the sights and sounds of beautiful Southeast Alaska. Visit the 33-acre Totem Bight State Historical Park, home to 14 Native American totem poles, breathtaking beach and waterfront views, and the stunning Clan House.
This tour allows for an exciting opportunity to try and view Ketchikan black bears in their natural habitat. Wildlife can be unpredictable so while Herring Cove is home to many bears, eagles, etc. wildlife sightings cannot be guaranteed.
Stopping at Creek Street is a popular destination to see salmon returning to spawn, with lots of unique shops to find that perfect gift. Learn more about the interesting history of the creek from its brothels, taverns, the fish ladder, and married man's trail are just a few of the historic attractions that make the boardwalk a must-see highlight.
This tour does have customizable options. To learn more about options and rates, please contact our customer service team at [email protected]
Additional sights to customize your trip include:
Hike Ward Lake trail
Refuge Beach trail
Hiking Rainbird trail
Herring Cove bear viewing
Hike through Frog Pond
Hike Pipeline trail
Private pick-up from Norwegian dock (in ward cove) is available.
- Round-trip transportation from the Ketchikan Visitor Center and guest's docked at Ward Cove.
- Bottled water
- Complimentary binoculars
- Parks and trails brochures
- This tour has multiple stops that require exiting and entering the van. This tour is not recommended for anyone needing assistance or needing a wheelchair.
- This tour operates in most weather conditions. It is recommended to wear weather-appropriate, layered clothing, and comfortable shoes.
Duration: 2 hours (Roundtrip from the Ketchikan Visitor Center. Ward Cove guests will be picked up from Ward Cove.)
- 5 minutes - tour introductions and boarding
- 30 minutes - Totem Bight State Historical Park
- 30 minutes - Herring Cove
- 30 minutes - Creek Street
- 25 minutes - budgeted time for extra stops or for sights the group stays longer at and returns to the drop-off location
- This tour meets at the Ketchikan Visitors Center - Booth 6 for guest docking at Berths 1-4. Guests docking at Ward Cove will be picked up from the Ward Cove dock. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not wheelchair or limited mobility accessible.
Ketchikan has an annual rainfall of between 140-160 inches per year. This excursion operates in most weather conditions but full refunds are granted should the local tour operator need to cancel due to weather concerns.
This small group van tour can include up to 13 passengers per vehicle.
Yes, please email our customer service team at [email protected] to learn more about customizing your experience and rates.
Comfortable clothing and layers appropriate for the day of weather conditions. Rain jackets are encouraged.
Cameras and phones may be brought on this tour.
While wildlife is abundant, however, specific wildlife sightings cannot be guaranteed.
Check out other frequently asked questions here!
On Jul 2023
We could have done the same thing just walking around. Grant you we wouldn't have seen the waterfall, but... I guess the experience varies based on timing, ie seeing bears or salmons, both of which we did not see.
Best Price Guarantee!
Duration: 2 hours
Best Price Guarantee!
"Best Price Guarantee" means we offer the local wholesale rates for all of our tours because
we feel that everyone should get the same lowest price possible regardless of how many
excursions you book. No tricks, no gimmicks, no hidden fees.
Duration: 2 hours
Child (Ages 12 and under): $35.00