If you are curious to learn more about Alaska's first city this tour is a great choice. Drink with the locals as you stroll along a 90-minute walking tour through Ketchikan. Take a stroll off the beaten path as you immerse yourself in the rich culture that fills the streets. In the town that's famous for "doing business at the bar" you have the chance to listen to the infamous stories of days gone by. From the prohibition era that led to the lively red-light district that was full swing in its time.
The colorful history of Ketchikan is seen throughout its many hot spots. As you enjoy a sampler beverage at each of the several Alaskan historic pubs, you have a chance to meet some genuine characters that make Ketchikan a unique and enjoyable experience as you stroll down historic Creek Street. The final stop will entertain you with live music, a nibble on locally sourced snacks and even a chance to relax with some new friends! Join locals and belly up to the Ketchikan bar.
- The world famous Arctic Bar, home of the happy bears!
- The Creek Street Cabaret, home of Ketchikan's amazing music scene.
- Bawden Street Brewing, utilizing local flavors to bring you amazing beers.
Please note: Guests must be 21 years of age or older, have a legal photo ID and be capable of walking over the course of a 3/4 mile, flat terrain. Must dress for the weather, rain or shine.
Duration: 1.5 hours
- Minimum age: 21 years old
- Must be able to walk a distance of 3/4 miles
Duration: 1.5 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 90-minute walking tour to different historic bars in downtown Ketchikan including:
- The world famous Arctic Bar
- The Creek Street Cabaret
- Bawden Street Brewing
- This tour meets at the ship's gangway. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility and wheelchair accessible. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for special mobility will be required. It is helpful to determine whether or not the guest is able to walk up to a mile. If the operator is unaware beforehand of necessary accommodations, they may not be able to accommodate guests day-of.
What if it is raining? Will the tour still run?
Yes, Ketchikan experiences a lot of rain due to it being located in a rainforest. We encourage guests to wear a lightweight rain jacket and/or dress appropriately for the weather.
What is included in the tour?
Small "taster" beverages provided at each stop.
I am visiting by cruise ship. Am I allowed to take food purchases back onboard the cruise ship?
Each cruise line has different rules and regulations about bringing food onboard. Any open containers, agricultural products, and items that are not pre-packaged are generally not allowed. We recommend that you check with your ship for customs policies.
Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
Guests will need to feel comfortable with a 3/4 mile walk. We encourage participants to gauge their own abilities as to whether these issues will be barriers.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!