Ketchikan Cultural Showcase, Culinary Tasting & Lumberjack Show
Come enjoy a unique culinary experience at the Saxman Native Village and celebrate a bygone era at the Great Alaskan Lumberjack Show!
Learn all about Alaskan ingredients and their uses in a modern cooking environment. The culinary tasting will offer a unique setting to enhance your culinary knowledge and expand your palate with true Alaskan ingredients. Start with an Alaskan-styled charcuterie board prepared with smoked, wild game meats, artisan cheeses, and fruits; followed by two additional courses selected by the Chef.
Sit and marvel as the Chef goes through the ingredients and demonstrates the techniques used for preparing one of the dishes. All these items pair deliciously with the local wines and beers (one alcoholic beverage is included per guest).
The culinary demonstration is complemented by a cultural showcase of Alaska Native art, featuring a
variety of priceless and historical pieces from the Cape Fox Corporation Native Art Collection. Some of
these artifacts include traditional hand-carved pieces by Master Carver, Nathan Jackson, along with other items coming from the original Village of Cape Fox. Your local tour host will share Tlingit customs, traditions, and stories of the Elders as you are guided through the exhibits.
Continue enjoying all aspects of what makes Ketchikan unique with an action-packed performance at the Great Alaskan Lumberjack Show where you will celebrate a bygone era. Southeast Alaska's rich logging history comes to life with thrilling displays of strength and agility. These world champion athletes wearing spiked boots and hard hats, compete in 12 athletic events that utilize seven-pound axes, six-foot razor-sharp saws, tree climbing gaffs, and souped-up chainsaws. This will be one hour of non-stop excitement and laughs that are unique to all of Alaska.
- Roundtrip transportation
- Admission to the Great Alaskan Lumberjack Show for a 1-hour performance
- Chef demonstration of menu items with true Alaskan ingredients
- Three-course menu (menu varies daily and based on the availability of fresh products)
- One alcoholic beverage included per guest
- Unlimited non-alcoholic beverages including water, tea, and soda
- Shopping opportunity at the gift shop
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
Duration: 3-3.75 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal. (Guests docking at Ward Cove will be picked up and dropped off at Ward Cove))
- 10-20 minutes - transportation to your first portion of the excursion
- 60 minutes - Access to the Great Alaskan Lumberjack Show
- 20 minutes - transportation to the Saxman Native Village
- 60 minutes - Saxman Native Village culinary experience and cultural showcase
- 20 -30 minutes - return transportation to Ward Cove and Downtown Ketchikan
- Guest docking at WARD COVE will be picked up and dropped off here. All other cruise ship guests or those staying locally will meet at the Ketchikan Visitor Center. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is fully accessible for guests with wheelchairs, scooters, and walkers. Most vehicles used have the space to accommodate collapsible equipment. There is a chairlift available upon request in advance. Please leave a comment during checkout if ADA accommodations will be required on tour.
Guests must be 3 years of age or older. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Dress warmly in layered clothing appropriate for the weather. Comfortable walking shoes are highly recommended.
Seating at the lumberjack show is fully covered and heated.
We offer the local wholesale rates for all of our tours because we feel that everyone should get the same lowest price possible regardless of how many excursions you book. No tricks, no gimmicks, no hidden fees.
Definitely, arrangements of tours for groups or large families are possible. Please contact us at [email protected] with your group requests.
Yes! Multiple families may join the same tour as long as adequate space is available and the maximum is not exceeded.
Check out other frequently asked questions here!
On Sep 2023
The Lumberjack Show was most entertaining. The Cultural Showcase was tasty. I was glad they showed the recipes for the salmon dip and the salmon chowder on the screen so I could get a pic of each.
Best Price Guarantee!
Duration: 3-3.75 hours
Best Price Guarantee!
"Best Price Guarantee" means we offer the local wholesale rates for all of our tours because
we feel that everyone should get the same lowest price possible regardless of how many
excursions you book. No tricks, no gimmicks, no hidden fees.
Duration: 3-3.75 hours
Child (Ages 3-11): $139.00