**THIS TOUR IS NOW ACCEPTING RESERVATIONS FOR THE 2021 SEASON**
Ketchikan offers some of the best halibut fishing in the world! This tour begins with a short 5-minute walk from the main cruise ship terminal in downtown Ketchikan. Then you'll venture out to the most productive halibut fishing grounds in the area. Enjoy the serene waters of Ketchikan as you wait for the fish to start biting.
You'll fish using down-riggers. Generally, there won't be any more than four fishing rods out while trolling because when the fishing is hot, it's hard to keep more than two rods in the water. This will help the charter to cover more ground efficiently at various depths.
This is truly an unforgettable Alaskan experience that is great for groups of all ages and skillsets. Wildlife may be spotted from the boat including orcas, humpback whales, and bald eagles.
The best part? You get to keep what you catch! If you desire, the tour operator can facilitate a delivery for your catch through a local fish processor.
Please note: prices are per group starting at 850.00 for 1-2 guests.
1-2 guests: 850.00 USD
3 guests: 900.00 USD
4 guests: 100.00 USD
5 guests: 1,200.00 USD
6 guests: 1,400.00 USD
Duration: 6 hours (Roundtrip transportation from cruise ship terminal. )
- Roundtrip transportation
- Bottled water, soda, and snacks
- All required safety equipment
- All fishing equipment (bait, ice, etc)
- Helly Hanson raingear
- Facilitate delivery of your catch to the local fish processor
Not included in the cost: A fishing license (25 USD) is required for clients age 16 and older. A king stamp (15 USD) is recommended during June & July *Purchase in advance at Alaska.gov to save time or bring cash for purchase onboard. Fish processing via a third party.
Duration: 6 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 15 minutes - drive to the halibut grounds
- 5.5 hours - halibut fishing
- 15 minutes - drive back to the cruise ship
- This tour meets in at the end of your cruise ship ramp. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to climb in and out of the boat. Assistance is available. There is limited space for collapsible wheelchairs & walkers. There is not storage for motorized scooters onboard but they may be left at the dock. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsible equipment will be required on tour.
Do I need a fishing license?
Yes, anyone 16 or older will need to purchase a license. A King Stamp is recommended if you are halibut fishing in June & July. You can purchase in advance at Alaska.gov or you can purchase with cash on the day of.
Will we see any wildlife?
There's always a chance to see orcas, humpback whales, porpoises, seals, and eagles as they are commonly sighted on this tour; however, since it's not a designated wildlife tour, wildlife sightings cannot be guaranteed.
Can we keep the fish that we catch?
Yes, We can facilitate delivery at a local processor after the trip.
Is gratuity included?
Gratuity is not expected but is always appreciated. Gratuity is not included in the price.
How rough are the waters?
The waters are generally calm because Ketchikan is protected by various islands.
What if I have a party larger than 6 passengers?
A party of 7 - 12 guests will need to reserve 2 boats. Per USCG regulations a maximum of 6 guests may be on board our vessel. This excursion cannot add additional people to the boat. Maximum capacity per boat is 6 guests.
What do I need to bring for this excursion?
Please bring warm, layered clothing/rain gear, a camera, sunglasses, and cash for a fishing license (if not purchased in advance).