Guests will enjoy taking part in a bit of local history and culture while they enjoy this guided tour with sights to see downtown Ketchikan, City Park, Ketchikan Creek Street, and the infamous Married Man's Trail on the way to Saxman Native Village.
The adventure begins with a guided walk and trolley tour through the historic Creek Street. One of the highlights of this trip is a quick photo stop at the Saxman Native Village. Be sure to check out their Stately totems and browse through the local gift shop. Marvel at the massive totem poles which all tell an important story about the trials and tribulations of southeast Alaskan Natives.
On the way back to Ketchikan your driver/guide will stop the trolley at Creek Street which was once the red light district for Ketchikan. You have the opportunity to walk around and explore the area on your own before you head back to the ship. If you prefer not to get off at Creek Street the Trolley will return you to the pier.
Please note: Motorized scooters cannot be accommodated on this tour.
Duration: 1.25 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal.)
- Roundtrip transportation from cruise ship terminal
- Dress in warm layers, wear comfortable shoes
Duration: 1.25 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 45 minutes transportation for the city tour
- 30 minutes at Saxman Native Village for photo-stop
- 15 minutes Transfer to Creek Street OR Transportation back to cruise ship terminal
- This tour meets at the Visitor's Center. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility and wheelchair accessible. The trails throughout the grounds of the Saxman Native Village are packed gravel. Must be able to take 4 steps into the coach. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsible wheelchairs will be required on tour. If the operator is unaware beforehand of necessary accommodations, they may not be able to accommodate guests day-of.
What type of clothing should I wear?
Dress for the weather. Layered clothing is always recommended for Alaskan weather.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
There are no age restrictions for this tour.
Can I bring a backpack?
Backpacks, small bags, and purses are allowed on this tour.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Non-alcoholic beverages in a closeable containters and snacks are allowed on tour.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!