**THIS TOUR IS NOW ACCEPTING RESERVATIONS FOR THE 2022 SEASON**
Step back in time and settle in onboard our Authentic Cable Car Style Trolley. Enjoy the sights and sounds of this bustling fishing and logging community, once known as the Salmon Capital of the World.
Sit back and relax in the San Francisco inspired cable car, as you pass by flowers in bloom at City Park, the Salmon Ladder, and Creek Street. Get a glimpse of the old red-light district and wooden boardwalks. Learn about the legends and stories of bootleggers, brothels, and dance halls.
Next, you will venture nine miles north to the beautiful Herring Cove, where you can take advantage of your own dedicated viewing platform that overlooks the peaceful scenery away from all the activity of the city center. Keep your eyes peeled for bald eagles, seals, heron can be spotted in the area. There is even a possibility of a bear sighting, as they come to feast on spawning salmon.
Then it's on to the Totem Park of Saxman Native Village, where an extensive collection of Totem Poles and stories behind the native culture await you. Take a stroll through the park to learn the stories of these grand historical creations. Learn about the traditional tools, paints, and techniques of totem pole carving as you watch carvers perform their craft at the carving shed.
Next stop is back to town, your guide concludes the tour at either Creek Street where you can stroll the boardwalk with its many shops or be dropped off in the downtown area, just minutes from the pier.
Duration: 2.25 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal.)
- Roundtrip transportation from the cruise ship terminal
- Fully narrated tour with a public address system onboard
- Park entry fees are included
- Umbrellas are available to use as needed for tour duration
- Dress in warm layers, wear comfortable shoes
Duration: 2.25 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 45 minutes - at Saxman Native Village
- 45 minutes - at Herring Cove Wildlife Viewing Area
- 30 minutes - Ketchikan city tour
- 15 minutes - boarding and deboarding
- This tour meets at inside the Ketchikan Visitor's Bureau, booth #12, located in front of berth 2 on the dock
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to climb 4 steps into and out of the trolley. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsible equipment will be required on tour. This tour does not have a wheelchair lift but wheelchairs and walkers are welcome.
Are there any restrooms available on this tour?
There are restroom stops available at the Saxman and Herring Cove viewing area.
What type of clothing should I wear?
Dress for the weather. Layered clothing is always recommended for Alaskan weather.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
There are no age restrictions for this tour.
Can I bring a backpack?
Backpacks, small bags, and purses are allowed on this tour.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Non-alcoholic beverages in a closeable containters and snacks are allowed on tour.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!