After meeting your duck on the cruise ship dock, your 45 minute journey through the historic neighborhoods of Ketchikan will begin. You'll want to sit back and enjoy the amusing commentary, guaranteed to 'quack' you up! Have your cameras ready as you make your way through one of Alaska's most famous tunnels, on your way to the picturesque Bar Harbor.
Upon arriving at the harbor, it'll be 'all hands on duck' when the bus turns into a boat and splashes into the Tongass Narrows. Witness Ketchikan's legendary commercial fishing industry as your 45 minute adventure on the water begins. As we wade through the water, keep your eyes peeled for Alaskan wildlife. You may spot a soaring bald eagle, marine mammals, or even another duck. Throughout the adventure, your Ketchikan Duck Tour guide will engage and entertain you.
Join us for a unique and unforgettable experience aboard this Coast Guard certified and inspected amphibian, that doubles as a boat and a bus!
Duration: 1.5 hours (Roundtrip from the cruise ship dock)
- Informational and engaging tour guide on-board the Duck
- Duck whistles available for purchase
- Guests must be able to board the Duck via the boarding ladder, which is approximately 9 stairs, each 6 inch high
- Passengers must meet at their assigned Duck 20 minutes before departure time
Duration: 1.5 hours (tour times below are approximate):
- 45 minute drive through historical Ketchikan neighborhoods
- 45 minute boat ride through the Tongass Narrows
- This tour meets and departs from the cruise ship dock. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to board the Duck boat using the boarding ladder, which is 9 stairs that are approximately 6 inches high. After boarding, the entire excursion is seated. There will be a dry, secure area to store any wheelchairs, scooters, or strollers during the duration of the tour. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsible equipment will be required on tour.
What should I wear for this tour?
Clothing that can be layered is recommended.
Will I see any wildlife on this tour?
Wildlife is abundant in Alaska. There is a good chance you may see eagles, marine mammals, or other wildlife during the tour.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
There are no age restrictions for this tour.
Can I bring my own drinks and snacks?
Yes. Drinks and snacks are allowed on the Duck.
Do you offer tours for large groups?
Definitely, arrangements of tours for groups or large families are possible. Please contact us with your group requirements.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!