Climb aboard the "Eagle One", an intimate vessel for Alaskan adventurers. This tour is all about taking in the sights, sounds, and seas of beautiful Ketchikan. Embark on a scenic wildlife viewing adventure while soaking in the natural wonders of Southeast Alaska.
Your crew will make sure you have every opportunity to capture all Ketchikan has to offer. Make sure your cameras are ready as you keep a lookout for Humpback Whales, Orcas (Killer Whales), Seals, Sea Lions, Eagles, and Salmon "Jumpers" while making your way out of town. Also included complimentary non-alcoholic beverages and pre-packaged snacks.
This tour has minimal walking, with seating for everyone. Ketchikan has an average annual rainfall of between 140 and 160 inches per year. Please note that this excursion operates in most weather conditions. It is recommended you wear weather-appropriate attire (layered clothing and comfortable shoes).
Help yourself to complimentary drinks and snacks. For drinks, you will be offered coffee, tea, hot chocolate, flavored soda water, and bottled water. Snacks will range from fresh pastries, cookies, crackers, assorted chips, animal crackers, and goldfish for children. If you are feeling cold, blankets are available upon request. Enjoy views from both outside and inside the vessel. The vessel also has a bathroom onboard.
Wildlife sightings are not guaranteed but are frequent. Although this tour is wheelchair and scooter accessible, please note the restroom onboard is not.
Duration: 2.5-3 hours (Roundtrip from the Ketchikan Visitor Center. Ward Cove guests will be picked up from Ward Cove.)
- Complimentary drinks include coffee, tea, hot chocolate, flavored soda water, and bottled water
- Complimentary snacks will range from fresh pastries, cookies, crackers, assorted chips, animal crackers, and goldfish for children
- Blankets are available for those feeling a bit chilly
- A bathroom is available onboard (please note, the restroom is not wheelchair or scooter accessible)
- Minimal walking, seating available for everyone.
Duration: 2.5-3 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 15 minutes - tour introductions and boarding
- 2-2.5 hours aboard your intimate vessel
- 10 minutes - return and de-boarding (Ward Cove guests returned to Ward Cove dock)
- This tour meets at the Ketchikan Visitors Center - Booth 6 for guest docking at Berths 1-4. Guests docking at Ward Cove will be picked up from the Ward Cove dock. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible and wheelchair/scooter accessible. However, please note the restroom onboard is not wheelchair or scooter accessible. Please leave a comment during checkout if ADA accommodations will be required on tour.
What is the policy for bad weather?
Ketchikan has an annual rainfall of between 140-160 inches per year. This excursion operates in most weather conditions but full refunds are granted should the local tour operator need to cancel due to weather concerns.
What type of clothing should I wear?
Comfortable clothing and layers appropriate for the day of weather conditions. Rain jackets encouraged.
What should I bring on tour?
Cameras and phones may be brought on this tour.
Will I see any wildlife or bears on this tour?
The crew will be scouting for Humpback whales, Orca Whales, Seals, Sea Lions, Salmon, Bald eagles, etc. These are common sights, however, specific wildlife sightings cannot be guaranteed.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!