Your sightseeing will begin in Downtown Historic Skagway with the colorful buildings and picturesque wooden boardwalks. Your guide will enlighten you with the legends of the famous and foolhardy who lived in Skagway during the gold rush.
Your adventure continues as you ascend up 3,290 feet above sea level to the unforgettable White Pass Summit which runs parallel to the White Pass & Yukon Route Railroad. Along the way, your guide will share stories of the daily life and hardships of the stampeders who lived and breathed the gold rush all the while passing historic landmarks like Brackett Wagon Road, Pitch Fork Falls, Dead Horse Gulch, and the infamous Tormented Valley.
Upon your return to Skagway, marvel at the gorgeous scenery and enjoy a stop at the Gold Rush Cemetery where some of the more colorful characters of the Gold Rush rest.
Duration: 2 hours (Roundtrip transportation from cruise ship terminal. )
- Roundtrip narrated scenic tour
- Entry to all included venues
- A valid passport or a US passport card is required for all guests over 16 years of age
- For children 15 and under, a valid passport or original birth certificate is required
Duration: 2 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 2 hours - scenic drive
- Approximately 20 minutes - at Gold Rush Cemetary
- Exact times will vary dependent on the traffic, road conditions, customs, photo stops, etc.
- This tour meets on the Small Boat Harbor. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to climb 4 steps into and out of the bus. There is limited space for collapsible wheelchairs and walkers. An ADA accessible vehicle can be arranged in advance. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations need to be arranged in advance.
What is the weather like in Skagway?
The weather in Southeast Alaska is quick to change. We always recommend dressing in warm layers to be ready for whatever weather we have that day.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
There are no age restrictions for this tour.
Are your tours narrated?
Yes. The tour guides and drivers are knowledgable and trained in both local and statewide information. The guides are happy to provide an informative narration throughout the entirity of the tour.
Do you offer private tours?
Yes. For groups of 25 or more, we can schedule you for any day of the week. Contact us to learn more or set up a private group booking.
Is entry included in the excursion price?
Yes. Entry to all venues is included in the price.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!