Skagway Trail and Sail Tour
Eco-friendly fun by electric bike and a sail along the Taiya Inlet
Break away from the crowds on a self-guided e-bike adventure paired with sailing through the Taiya Inlet. One of the longest and deepest fjords in North America, the Taiya Inlet boasts beautiful scenery and hopeful sightings of Alaskan wildlife. This eco-friendly excursion is a fantastic way to spend your time in Skagway, Alaska!
Take a short stroll through the heart of downtown Skagway to check out your new chariot. The RadPower electric bikes are just like regular bikes, but with an electric motor that adds a boost of assistance while pedaling. This is adjustable depending on how hard you want to pedal or how fast you want to go. Prior experience riding a bicycle is necessary for this excursion.
For the next three hours, your self-guided bike tour will have you visiting a waterfall, scenic vistas, and the Gold Rush Cemetery. Bask in the history behind this historic Alaskan Gold Rush town. The fun doesn't stop there....end your bike tour at the small boat harbor and get ready to set sail.
Captain Brendan is ready to sail through the Taiya Inlet aboard a 50' sailing sloop. Sail through one of the most beautiful places on earth with waterfalls, hanging glaciers, and possible wildlife sightings. Light snacks are provided on board the sailboat for your enjoyment. Come join the adventure!
- Self-guided E-Bike tour to visit a waterfall, scenic vistas, and the Gold Rush Cemetery
- Electric bicycles, helmets, gloves, and safety vests are provided.
- Light snacks on board the sailboat
- Experienced captain to sail you through the Taiya Inlet aboard a 50' sailing sloop
- Minimum of 2 passengers is required to book
- While riding an electric bicycle is easier than a standard bike, you will need to know how to ride a bike before joining us on tour.
- The maximum weight is 350 lbs.
- There is a minimum age of 16 years old to participate.
- Anyone under 5' tall may have issues handling the size and weight of the e-bike.
- Guests must sign a liability waiver. If the participant is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must sign for them. These will be completed in person at the time of your tour or rental.
- Wear clothing that would be appropriate for an outdoor excursion based on local weather conditions. The best advice for gearing up for any excursion along your trip is to bring layers.
Duration: 6 hours (Roundtrip from the bike shop, a short walk from the cruise ship terminal. )
- 3 hours - safety briefing and self guided e-bike tour
- 3 hours - cruising on a 50' sailing sloop with light snacks on board
- This tour meets at the bike shop, a short walk from the cruise ship terminal. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not wheelchair or limited mobility accessible.
There is a maximum capacity of 6 guests.
There is a minimum age of 16 years old to participate.
The maximum weight is 350 lbs.
Anyone under 5' tall may have issues handling the size and weight of the e-bikes. Please contact our team if you have additional questions.
While riding an electric bicycle is easier than a standard bike, you will need to know how to ride a bike before joining us on tour.
The RadPower Bikes are just like regular bikes, but with an electric motor that adds a boost of assistance while pedaling. This is adjustable depending on how hard you want to pedal or how fast you want to go. The assist will give you a nice boost while riding against the wind or going uphill.
Yes! Prior to embarking on your bikes, we will provide a safety briefing and make sure you understand how to use your e-bike.
Your guides check the weather forecast the night before each tour to make sure it is safe to ride. Keep in mind that this is Alaska and drizzling rain is a common thing. A light rain will not postpone your tour. Bring a raincoat and enjoy the experience! If the tour provide does cancel the tour due to weather conditions, a full refunded will be granted.
There are bathrooms at several of the stops along the way. It is recommended that you use the restroom before the tour departs.
Backpacks, small bags, and purses are allowed on this tour.
Layered clothing is always recommended for Alaskan weather. We recommend you wear closed-toe shoes and weather-appropriate attire.
We do not have any review about this excursion yet.
Best Price Guarantee!
Duration: 6 hours
Best Price Guarantee!
Duration: 6 hours
Adult (16+): $255.00