Skagway Yukon Extended Summit Drive Tour
Incredible Alaskan scenery is waiting for you
Soak up the natural wonders of the Yukon as you enjoy a scenic ride exploring the crossroads of the Klondike. Take advantage of amazing photo opportunities and capture the true beauty of sweeping landscapes, towering mountains, alpine lakes, and hanging glaciers.
Become an expert of Skagway starting with a ride through historic Downtown Skagway, which is part of the Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park. You'll learn all about the town's gold rush history and enjoy stories about stampeders who passed through, hoping to strike it rich in the Yukon!
The next stop will be at an overlook spot which allows you to view Downtown Skagway in a whole different way. Then we'll head north up the Klondike Highway through lush rainforests and cascading waterfalls, toward the summit of the White Pass. Once we've reached the summit, you'll experience dramatic alpine landscapes and afterward, we'll head through Canadian customs into British Columbia with several stops along the way including the "Yukon Territory" sign.
An hour in, we'll reach Carcross, Yukon nestled on the banks of Lake Bennett. You'll have free time to explore the local shops and views of the lake made famous by the Klondike Gold Rush. On our journey back to Skagway, we'll make a stop at the "Welcome to Alaska" sign.
**Passports are required for this tour.**
- Roundtrip transportation
- Picnic style lunch
- Passport or Passport ID card (and Visas - USA and Canada if necessary - single entry Visa is OK) are required for all passengers 16 and over. No photocopies of any identification are allowed.
- Children 15 and under are required to have a Passport OR an original raised seal birth certificate (USA citizens only). No photocopies of any identification are allowed.
- Guests must be comfortable walking short distances on uneven surfaces
- Signed liability waiver
Duration: 5 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal.)
- 15 minutes - driving tour of Skagway
- 10 minutes - photo opportunities at Skagway Overlook
- 35 minutes - drive up the Klondike Highway to the White Pass Summit and "Welcome to Alaska" sign
- 2 hours - drive to Carcross Yukon with a stop at Tutshi Lake, "Welcome to the Yukon" sign and the Bove Island Overlook
- 30 minutes - free time in Carcross, Yukon and Lake Bennett
- 1.5 hours - drive back to Skagway with several photo opportunity stops
- This tour meets at the end of the pier where your cruise ship is docked. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to climb 4 steps into and out of the van. This tour can accommodate a limited amount of wheelchairs. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsible equipment will be required on tour.
Yes! There are restrooms located throughout the trip. Flush toilets are available in Skagway and Carcross. Primitive toilets are available every 20-30 minutes along the drive.
This tour does run rain or shine. In the rare instance, weather does cancel the tour, you'll receive a full refund.
Since this tour is not a designated wildlife tour, wildlife cannot be guaranteed but bald eagles, ravens, squirrels, and harbor seals are frequently seen in Skagway, and larger mammals are frequently seen in the Yukon like black bears or brown bears.
Check out other frequently asked questions here!
On Sep 2023
I m rating this five stars because of Sydney. She was our tour guide and honestly, she made the trip. The bus was obviously an older airport shuttle but was still comfortable. The windows were pretty dirty so it made taking pictures out the windows a little hard. But, Sydney would stop anywhere we wanted to stop. She let us take our time anywhere while still being aware of getting us back to our ship on time. What she lacked in knowledge of the area (she usually is the guide for the zip line) she more than made up for in enthusiasm. We enjoyed the tour, saw spectacular sights, relaxed while traveling and made a new friend in Sydney. We would definitely recommend this excursion and do it again if we are in the area.
Best Price Guarantee!
Duration: 5 hours
Best Price Guarantee!
"Best Price Guarantee" means we offer the local wholesale rates for all of our tours because
we feel that everyone should get the same lowest price possible regardless of how many
excursions you book. No tricks, no gimmicks, no hidden fees.
Duration: 5 hours
Adult (13+): $135.00
Child (12 and Under): $101.25