Soak up the natural wonders of the Yukon as you enjoy a scenic ride exploring the crossroads of the Klondike. Take advantage of amazing photo opportunities and capture the true beauty of sweeping landscapes, towering mountains, alpine lakes, and hanging glaciers.
Become an expert of Skagway starting with a ride through historic Downtown Skagway, which is part of the Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park. You'll learn all about the town's gold rush history and enjoy stories about stampeders who passed through, hoping to strike it rich in the Yukon!
The next stop will be at an overlook spot which allows you to view Downtown Skagway in a whole different way. Then we'll head north up the Klondike Highway through lush rainforests and cascading waterfalls, toward the summit of the White Pass. Once we've reached the summit, you'll experience dramatic alpine landscapes and afterward, we'll head through Canadian customs into British Columbia with several stops along the way including the "Yukon Territory" sign.
An hour in, we'll reach Carcross, Yukon nestled on the banks of Lake Bennett. You'll have free time to explore the local shops and views of the lake made famous by the Klondike Gold Rush. On our journey back to Skagway, we'll make a stop at the "Welcome to Alaska" sign.
**Passports are required
for this tour.**
Duration: 5 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal.)
- Picnic style lunch
- Roundtrip transportation
- Guests must be comfortable walking short distances on uneven surfaces
- Signed liability waiver
- A valid Passport is required for this tour
Duration: 5 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 15 minutes - driving tour of Skagway
- 10 minutes - photo opportunities at Skagway Overlook
- 35 minutes - drive up the Klondike Highway to the White Pass Summit and "Welcome to Alaska" sign
- 2 hours - drive to Carcross Yukon with a stop at Tutshi Lake, "Welcome to the Yukon" sign and the Bove Island Overlook
- 30 minutes - free time in Carcross, Yukon and Lake Bennett
- 1.5 hours - drive back to Skagway with several photo opportunity stops
- This tour meets in front of the Small Boat Harbor. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to climb 4 steps into and out of the van. This tour can accommodate a limited amount of wheelchairs. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsible equipment will be required on tour.
Is there a restroom on this excursion?
Yes! There are restrooms located throughout the trip. Flush toilets are available in Skagway & Carcross. Primitive toilets are available every 20-30 minutes along the drive.
Do you cancel due to the weather?
This tour does run rain or shine. In the rare instance weather does cancel the tour, you'll receive a full refund.
Will I see wildlife on this tour?
Since this tour is not a designated wildlife tour, wildlife cannot be guaranteed but bald eagles, ravens, squirrels, and harbor seals are frequently seen in Skagway and larger mammals are frequently seen in the Yukon like black bears or brown bears.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!