Skagway Wilderness Kayak Adventure
A kayaking adventure to Chilkoot Lake!
Meet your dock representative in Skagway and head over to Haines, Alaska on a 50-minute narrated, scenic ferry ride. Upon arriving to Haines, meet your expert tour guide ready to escort your group on a scenic drive by the historic Fort Seward on your way to Chilkoot Lake. This breathtaking drive leaves plenty of scope for the imagination as you take in the incredible Alaskan beauty.
Arriving at Chilkoot Lake, spend a few minutes getting oriented with your sea kayak, equipment, and safety presentation. Guests will be outfitted with a flotation vest and rubber boots, remember to dress in layers to account for weather conditions. Spend the next 1.5 hours out on the lake surrounded by towering mountains, waterfalls, glaciers, and rivers. The lake is well-sheltered from the wind and makes for excellent kayaking conditions.
Frequent sightings of whales, otters, eagles, bears, and more are abundant in Southeast Alaska. Your guide will do their best to point out marine wildlife along the way. Soak in the incredible scenery on your way back to the private lunch site. A picnic-style lunch awaits you before your return ferry trip to Skagway.
While no prior kayaking experience is required, this is a physical activity and all guests should ensure they are physically and mentally able to participate. This is a great activity for the family and kids over 8 years old are welcome to join the adventure.
- Stable 3-person kayaks
- Paddles, life jackets, spray skirts, and rain jackets.
- Picnic style lunch included
- Roundtrip transportation from the cruise ship terminal
- Dress in comfortable layers
- This is a physical activity and recommended for guests in able physical and mental states. Any pertinent medical conditions must be disclosed to the guides.
- Minimum age: 8 years old
- The maximum weight is 300 lbs. Please note that guests over 6'6" or 275 lbs. may not fit comfortably inside the kayaks.
Duration: 6.5 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal.)
- 75 minutes - Meet your dock representative and head over to Haines on a comfortable, scenic ferry ride
- 60 minutes - Your guide will gather the group and take you on a stunning, interpretive drive to Chilkoot Lake
- 10 minutes - Kayak orientation, safety briefing and equipment fitting
- 90 minutes - Paddle exploration of Chilkoot Lake
- 50 minutes - De-gear and enjoy scenic photo opportunities at a private dock before driving to a private ocean-side picnic area
- 30 minutes - Picnic-style lunch with views of Lynn Fjord
- 75 minutes - Fast ferry return journey to Skagway and transfer back to your ship
- This tour meets at the end of the pier where your cruise ship is docked. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not wheelchair or limited mobility accessible.
Experts in the industry, your guides are fun, well-trained, and passionate about guiding and sharing their expert knowledge about the history and natural wonder of Skagway. The guides go through extensive training and hold current first-aid certifications.
Rain gear and dress in layers for warmth. Weather-appropriate dress is recommended.
The minimum age to participate in this tour is 8 years old. Children younger and infants are not allowed.
The maximum weight is 300 lbs. Please note that guests over 6'6" or 275 lbs. may not fit comfortably inside the kayaks.
A picnic-style lunch is provided after the paddling portion and before the return journey.
At the end of checkout, there will be a comments section provided to supply us and the operator with this information. Most dietary restrictions can be accommodated with alternative lunch options with advanced notice.
Restrooms are available on the dock prior to departing for your tour, on the ferry during travel to Haines, and on the dock once you arrive in Haines.
This tour is set up to embrace Southeast Alaska's unpredictable weather and typically runs rain or shine. In the rare instance weather does cause a cancellation, guests are refunded in full and provided assistance with finding alternative activities for the day.
We do not have any review about this excursion yet.
Best Price Guarantee!
Duration: 6.5 hours
Best Price Guarantee!
Duration: 6.5 hours
Adult (12+): $225.00
Child (8-11): $168.75