**THIS TOUR IS NOW ACCEPTING RESERVATIONS FOR THE 2021 SEASON**
Spend the day surrounded by the snow-capped peaks that line the skies of Skagway on a challenging adventure in the wilds of Alaska! Gear up and take off on a 6 mile, 3,000 feet gain in elevation to the summit of Feather Peak or Mount Cleveland at 5,500 feet that offer incredible views of jagged peaks and the wilderness of the White Pass.
You'll be provided crampons, ice axes, ropes, and other technical equipment that may be needed to reach the summit; however, there are several different routes to the summit that can be done without ropes. Safety is always top priority and the exact route will depend on conditions, group ability, and guide choice. Alternatives will be selected if the summit isn't possible such as routes with waterfalls and scenic views during the alpine adventure. The tour is 8-9 hours but times in the mountain can vary.
The mountain guides are skilled in their trade and excel with instruction in snowshoe techniques, and basic mountaineering skills all throughout the excursion. Weather can drastically vary in the pass including sunshine, whiteout, foggy conditions, 30MPH winds, rain, and even snow all in one day. Temperatures are likely 10 - 20 degrees cooler than at sea level so it's very important to dress in layers and appropriate hiking attire such as waterproof jackets and pants, extra warm layers, and good hiking boots as this tour does run rain or shine.
**Passports are required for this tour**
Passport or Passport ID card (and Visas - USA and Canada if necessary - single entry Visa is OK) are required for all passengers 16 and over. Children 15 and under are required to have a Passport OR an original raised seal birth certificate (USA citizens only). No photocopies of any identification are allowed. No charge for children under 2. Child tickets for ages 2-12.
Children traveling with only one parent or without both parents must have a permission letter from the absent parent/parents, giving permission to the person bringing the child on tour to allow them to go to Canada with that person. Documentation should be signed with parent name, address, cell phone contact number, and give the child's legal name and person's legal name they are traveling with. If the single parent or guardian has sole custody, they should travel with a letter to that effect.
Duration: 8-9 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal.)
Duration: 8-9 hours (Roundtrip from the cruise ship terminal)
- Round trip transportation from the ship
- Bottled water, lunch and a snack
- Provided equipment: trekking poles, ice axes, ropes, and other technical equipment
- A valid passport or a US passport card is required for all guests over 16 years of age
- For children 15 and under, a valid passport or original birth certificate is required
- Group size: minimum 2, maximum 8
- Minimum age: 12 years
- Passports are required for all participants
- Liability waiver required
- Medical restrictions: this is a physically strenuous activity and it is the participant's responsibility to determine that they are physically and mentally able to participate in the activity.
Duration 8-9 Hours. Times below are approximate:
- 15 minutes - driving tour of Skagway and stop at Skagway Overlook
- 20 minutes - unload and head into the backcountry crossing a few small streams
- 40 minutes - driving up the White Pass
- 2 hours - ascend an exposed ridge with some steeper snow and rock scrambling to the high point followed by snacks and lunch
- 3 hours - ascent through the tundra or snow with small breaks while passing beautiful waterfalls toward the upper part of the mountain
- 2 hours - descend the mountain back to basecamp
- 40 minutes - driving back to Skagway stopping for along the way for photo opportunities
- This tour meets at the end of the pier. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not wheelchair or limited mobility accessible.
What is the recommended clothing for this tour?
We recommend sturdy hiking boots, a waterproof jacket & waterproof pants with extra warm layers like a wool hat, gloves, and a small day pack.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
Yes, guests must be at least 12 years of age to participate in thie tour.
Are there any medical restrictions for this tour?
This is a physically strenuous excursion. It's the guest's responsibility to determine if they're physically and mentally able to participate in the excursion before booking.
Can I bring a backpack?
Backpacks and small bags are allowed on this tour.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Non-alcoholic beverages in a closeable containters and snacks are allowed on tour.
Are food and drink included?
Beverages and lunch are included.