As the tour ascends the Talkeetna Mountains, guests will enter the alpine area of Independence Mine State Historical Park in the breathtaking Hatcher Pass! Guests will take a short walk through the old mining town, now listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The tour then continues the picturesque journey to one of the most unique animal husbandry projects in the world, the Musk Ox Farm. Here, guests will get up close views of Musk Ox as they walk the trails aside these fascinating Ice Age creatures and learn about their adaptations and place in the future of Alaskan agriculture. Guests will also have time to explore their shop for gifts such as qiviut (Musk Ox wool, one of the most sought after fibers in the world).
A farm to table style meal is included at the locally owned and operated restaurant! This eatery provides delicious meals made from scratch with Alaska grown fruits, vegetables, and meats. On our drive back to Anchorage, enjoy complimentary snacks and bottled glacier wellness water as well as the continued commentary by your local Alaskan Guide!
Duration: 6 hours
- Farm-to-Table style meal
- Complimentary snack and bottled glacier water
- Hotel pick-up on request (limited availability)
Duration: 6 hours
- Minimum of 2 passengers required to book
- This tour meets at the tour operator's office in downtown Anchorage. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to climb 4 steps into and out of the bus. There is limited space for collapsible wheelchairs and walkers. There is no storage available for motorized scooters. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsible equipment will be required on tour.
Are food and drink included?
A fully prepared meal, complimentary snacks and bottled water are provided on this excursion.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!
Sep 2018 - Gail P.
Our Tour Guide was excellent - Rebecca - however the weather was very rainy and made the Musk Ox Farm very wet & muddy. Then by the time we got to the Mining Town - the gate was closed for the day. So we didn't get to see that part of the tour.