Train from Anchorage to Denali National Park via Denali Star Train - Alaska Railroad
The northbound Denali Star Train from Anchorage to Denali
Note: for a round trip, add the Denali to Anchorage train or view all of our Alaska Railroad routes.
This daily route spans two of Alaska's five geographic regions - Southcentral and Interior Alaska. On a clear day, passengers enjoy sights of the train's namesake peak: Denali, the tallest mountain in North America.
Traveling between Anchorage and Talkeetna, the train crosses the Knik River with the Chugach Mountains as a backdrop. Just south of Talkeetna, watch for views of Denali rising high above the Susitna River. North of Talkeetna, the tracks veer away from the road system and into the backcountry Hurricane area; this region offers views of the snaking Indian River, the occasional remote cabin and the expansive sight of Hurricane Gulch from the top of a 296-foot bridge.
Just south of Denali National Park, Broad Pass offers majestic views of the Alaska Range in all directions.
Adventure Class Pricing: Experience rail travel across Alaska at our best rate. Adventure Class cars offer comfortable seating and large picture windows. Open-air vestibules between railcars provide an opportunity for fresh air and excellent photo ops. Adventure Class guests are encouraged to travel between railcars, whether to take advantage of the open seating in our Vista Dome cars or visit the Wilderness Cafe.
Adventure Class features:
- Confirmed seat with large picture windows
- Onboard dining and bar service available for purchase in the Wilderness Cafe*
- Freedom to explore between Adventure Class cars
- Access to open seating in Vista Dome car
GoldStar Pricing: The Alaska Railroad's premium class of service offers passengers an exceptional way to travel across Alaska. Glass-dome ceilings allow for panoramic views as Alaska unfolds along the tracks, and an outdoor, upper-level viewing platform - the only of its kind in the world - offers fresh air and an excellent vantage point for photos. On the lower level of GoldStar railcars, passengers enjoy a full-service dining room; GoldStar tickets include meals, all soft beverages, and two complimentary adult beverages per trip for passengers over 21.
GoldStar Service features:
- Glass-dome ceilings
- Upper-level outdoor viewing platforms
- Inclusive dining at the lower-level full-service dining car
- Private bar and two complimentary adult beverages
- Comfortable forward-facing seats
- Alaskan tour guide providing narration
- Fully accessible
Please Note: Baggage service is available. Each ticketed passenger may check two pieces of luggage. The luggage weight limit is 50lbs per bag. The baggage fee for bikes, excess, oversized, and overweight bags is $20.00 per item. One carry-on item is allowed per person. Carry-on bags may not exceed 15" x 14" x 6". Please remember to carry on medications, cameras or other items that you will need during your train ride.
TOUR REFUND POLICY: Bookings that are canceled 36 days or more prior to travel will be refunded 90% of the booking value. Cancellations made 35 days or less prior to travel are non-refundable.
- Baggage Service (Up to two 50lbs bags checked plus one carry-on which may not exceed 15" x 14" x 6")
- GoldStar Service ONLY:
- Breakfast entree + Coffee, Tea, or Juice
- Lunch entree + Coffee, Tea, or Soda
- There are no additional requirements for this excursion.
Duration: 7.5 hours (From Anchorage Train Depot to Denali Train Depot.)
- 1.25 hours - Anchorage to Wasilla
- 1.5 hours - Wasilla to Talkeetna
- 4.25 hours - Talkeetna to Denali
- This tour meets at the Anchorage Train Depot. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is wheelchair-accessible. Please leave a comment during checkout if accessibility accommodations will be required. If the operator is unaware beforehand of necessary accommodations, they may not be able to accommodate guests day of.
Check out other frequently asked questions here!
We do not have any review about this excursion yet.
Best Price Guarantee!
Duration: 7.5 hours
Best Price Guarantee!
"Best Price Guarantee" means we offer the local wholesale rates for all of our tours because
we feel that everyone should get the same lowest price possible regardless of how many
excursions you book. No tricks, no gimmicks, no hidden fees.
Duration: 7.5 hours
Adult - Adventure Class: $193.00
Child (2-11) - Adventure Class: $97.00
Adult - GoldStar: $362.00
Child (2-11) - GoldStar: $201.00
Lap Child - Free (Under 2): $0.00