**WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING RESERVATIONS FOR THE 2020 SEASON**
Our Anchorage flightseeing and glacier landing tour includes a glacier landing right in the middle of Knik Glacier, where you can get out of the helicopter and spend about 30 minutes exploring ice thousands of years old with your pilot/guide. See the azure blue melt pools, crevasses and the bizarre ice formations created by water, wind and the sun.
This tour departs from Glacier Adventure Base at Knik River Lodge and takes you over the Knik river & glacier through the Great Gorge towards Whiteout Glacier, Colony Glacier and Lake George. We almost always see moose, mountain goats, bands of Dall sheep and often times bears.
Fly with us and see the majestic glacial crevasses, moulins, glacial rivers and water falls!
Please note: This tour does not include transportation. Guests are required to make their own way to the Knik River Lodge located about an hour's drive from Anchorage. If you are interested in having roundtrip transportation, please find the "With Transportation" option for this tour on the Anchorage Tours page.
Duration: 1 hours (Flight time: 30 minutes. Guided walk on the glacier: 30 minutes.)
- Gear: Ice crampons
- Waterproof clothing if needed
- Minimum of 2 passengers required to book
- Signed liability waiver (You can sign this on site during the safety briefing)
- Appropriate clothing per weather
- Passenger names and weights are required by the FAA for passenger safety and comfort, as well as weight and balance calculations for flight manifesting. Any passenger whose weight is 250 pounds (113 kilograms) or more fully clothed at the time of departure will have a surcharge fee added to the ticket price at the time of booking.
Duration: 1 hour. Tour times below are approximate:
- 30 minutes round trip helicopter flightseeing
- 30 minutes landed on the glacier with pilot guide
- This tour meets at the Knik River Lodge. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility and wheelchair accessible. We accommodate all mobility challanged individuals. We have staff that will assist getting in and out of the helicopter. Guests with mobility issues can remain in the helicopter when landed on the glacier if they choose. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsible equipment will be required on tour.
What is the seating arrangement in the helicopter?
The pilot balances the helicopter based on the weight and number of passengers. We cannot make any promises for specific seat because safety cannot be compromised. If you have a preference ask the pilot and when it is safe the pilot will try to accommodate you.
What is the temperature on the glacier?
The average temperature is between 15-20°F cooler than on the ground.
Will I see any wildlife or bears on this tour?
Wildlife is abundant in Alaska and sightings are possible on any tour. Typically we see moose, dall sheep, mountain goats and sometimes bears depending on the time of year. However, this is not a designated wildlife tour and nothing can be guaranteed.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
There are no age restrictions for this tour.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Food and drink are not allowed during this tour.
What type of clothing should I wear?
We reccomend wearing layers, a weatherproof outer coat, sturdy shoes (we will provide ice crampon) and sunglasses as it gets very bright on the snow covered glacier.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!