Get a birds-eye view of Alaskan black and brown bears in their natural habitat on a guided, fly-out Alaska bear watching trip at Redoubt Bay Lodge, located on over 171,000-acre habitat area.
Redoubt Bay Lodge is located 70 miles southwest of Anchorage near the beautiful entrance of Lake Clark National Park and Preserve. Redoubt Bay is home to one of the most concentrated and viewable bear populations in the state of Alaska.
As your Alaska bear watching trip begins, bear viewing is from a covered pontoon boat with our experienced naturalist guides through the chain of Big River Lakes, host to sockeye and Coho salmon runs and popular feeding site for the resident bears.
Duration: 6 hours (roundtrip from tour office)
- Roundtrip transportation
- A window seat and a two-way headset
Duration: 6 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 50-minute scenic flightseeing tour from Anchorage
- Lunch in the cozy, rustic Redoubt Bay Lodge
- Alaska brown and black bear watching via covered pontoon boat
- This tour meets at the operator's Anchorage office. Complimentary pick-ups from local hotels are available to schedule. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not ADA Accessible, however, some accommodations can be provided. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations will be needed.
What should I wear?
Closed toed shoes are required on the planes. We suggest bringing light layers, a jacket, and sunglasses!
Is there a shuttle service?
There is a shuttle service provided to guests from downtown Anchorage, the airport, and airport area hotels available to schedule. The shuttle picks you up 45 minutes before your scheduled departure. The shuttle is offered in the summer season only! Please inform us if you need to schedule a shuttle and if you will be having any luggage with you.
Can I have a window seat?
Every passenger gets a window seat, and a two way headset so you can communicate with the pilot for the entire flight.
What if I get motion sick easily?
If you get motion sick on planes, you might want to take precautions before your flight such as medications. Sick bags are available on the plane.
What happens in the case of bad weather?
If your flight is postponed due to weather or other unseen events out of our control we are happy to work with your schedule to rebook your tour. Of course, we also provide a full refund if you cannot rebook your tour.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!