**THIS TOUR IS NOW ACCEPTING RESERVATIONS FOR THE 2021 SEASON**
Beginning your journey in Fairbanks, this train will take you on a 12-hour, 356-mile southbound experience where you'll have the opportunity to see much of Alaska's vast wilderness. You'll travel through two of Alaska's geographical regions on this trip, starting in the Interior and making your way towards South Central.
Weather permitting, you will have an opportunity to admire the tallest mountain of Northern America, the Denali Peak, which is also the train's namesake. As you pass over 918-foot Hurricane Gulch Bridge, keep your eyes open for wildlife! The train will follow the snaking Indian River, giving guests views of remote cabins as well.
Adventure Class Pricing:
Experience rail travel across Alaska at our best rate. Adventure Class cars offer comfortable seating and large picture windows. Open-air vestibules between railcars provide an opportunity for fresh air and excellent photo ops. Adventure Class guests are encouraged to travel between railcars, whether to take advantage of the open seating in our Vista Dome cars or visit the Wilderness Cafe.
Adventure Class features:
- Confirmed seat with large picture windows
- Onboard dining and bar service available for purchase in the Wilderness Cafe*
- Freedom to explore between Adventure Class cars
- Access to open seating in Vista Dome car
The Alaska Railroad's premium class of service offers passengers an exceptional way to travel across Alaska. Glass-dome ceilings allow for panoramic views as Alaska unfolds along the tracks, and an outdoor, upper-level viewing platform - the only of its kind in the world - offers fresh air and an excellent vantage point for photos. On the lower level of GoldStar railcars, passengers enjoy a full-service dining room; GoldStar tickets include meals, all soft beverages, and two complimentary adult beverages per trip for passengers over 21.
GoldStar Service features:
- Glass-dome ceilings
- Upper-level outdoor viewing platforms
- Inclusive dining at the lower-level full-service dining car
- Private bar and two complimentary adult beverages
- Comfortable forward-facing seats
- Alaskan tour guide providing narration
- Fully accessible
Please Note: Baggage service is available. Each ticketed passenger may check two pieces of luggage. The luggage weight limit is 50lbs per bag. The baggage fee for bikes, excess, oversized, and overweight bags is $20.00 per item. One carry-on item is allowed per person. Carry-on bags may not exceed 15" x 14" x 6". Please remember to carry on medications, cameras or other items that you will need during your train ride.
Duration: 11.75 hours (From Fairbanks Train Depot to Anchorage Train Depot)
- Baggage Service (Up to two 50lbs bags checked plus one carry-on which may not exceed 15" x 14" x 6"
- GoldStar Service ONLY:
- Breakfast entree + Coffee, Tea, or Juice
- Lunch entree + Coffee, Tea, or Soda
Duration: 11.75 hours
- 3 hours 55 minutes - from Fairbanks to Denali
- 20 minutes - stop in Denali
- 4 hours 10 minutes - from Denali to Talkeetna
- 20 minutes - stop in Talkeetna
- 1 hour and 15 minutes - from Talkeetna to Wasilla
- 5 minutes - stop in Wasilla
- 1 hour 40 minutes - from Wasilla to Anchorage
- This tour meets at the Fairbanks Train Depot. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This train is wheelchair accessible.
Is this tour wheelchair accessible?
Yes, this tour is wheelchair accessible.
Do you offer any discounts or promotions?
We offer the local wholesale rates for all of our tours because we feel that everyone should get the same lowest price possible regardless of how many excursions you book. No tricks, no gimmicks, no hidden fees.
Do you offer tours for large groups?
Definitely, arrangements of tours for groups or large families are possible. Please contact us with your group requirements.
Can multiple families book this tour and be together?
Yes! Multiple families may join the same tour as long as adequate space is available and the maximum is not exceeded.
What if my tour is cancelled due to bad weather?
All tours that cancel because of weather will be fully refunded with no fees or penalties.
Where do I meet the tour operator to be picked up for my excursion?
All tours pick-up either at your hotel unless otherwise noted. When you purchase your excursion, your ticket will be sent to you via email with detailed meeting instructions and emergency contact information. If you have any questions relating to a specific excursion, please contact the tour operator listed on your ticket.
Does the tour include transportation?
Yes. All tours pick up from your hotel and include round-trip transportation unless otherwise specified for the specific tour.
What if I am unable to print my ticket before I arrive in port?
All reservations are saved under the name you purchased your excursions and are kept on file with your tour operator. Having your tickets in-hand is the optimal choice to avoid confusion because the directions and meeting instructions are included. Please contact us if you are unable to print the tickets.