Enjoy an hour and ten-minute stunning flightseeing tour via floatplane from Anchorage to Lake Clark National Park and Preserve. Your expert pilot will land at Redoubt Mountain Lodge located on the incredible blue Crescent Lake where you will spend your day. Upon arrival, you'll meet your bear viewing guide who will escort you by covered pontoon boat to lakeside areas where bears feed on spawning wild Alaska salmon.
Situated at the headwaters of Bristol Bay, Lake Clark National Park and Preserve is the epitome of the Alaska wilderness landscape. At four million acres, the Park encompasses volcanoes, jagged mountains, glaciers, wild rivers, waterfalls, and diverse Alaska wildlife populations. You'll never forget your visit to one of America's most beautiful national parks!
Duration: 11 hours
- Roundtrip transportation
- A window seat and a two-way headset
Duration: 11 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 70-minute scenic flightseeing tour from Anchorage
- Up-close bear viewing in Lake Clark National Park from a covered pontoon boat
- Homemade lunch in the rustic lodge located in Lake Clark National Park
- Observe mighty Alaska brown bears fishing for salmon and frolicking in the water
- This tour meets at the operator's Anchorage office. Complimentary pick-ups from local hotels are available to schedule. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not ADA Accessible, however, some accommodations can be provided. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations will be needed.
What should I wear?
Closed toed shoes are required on the planes. We suggest bringing light layers, a jacket, and sunglasses!
Is there a shuttle service?
There is a shuttle service provided to guests from downtown Anchorage, the airport, and airport area hotels available to schedule. The shuttle picks you up 45 minutes before your scheduled departure. The shuttle is offered in the summer season only! Please inform us if you need to schedule a shuttle and if you will be having any luggage with you.
Can I have a window seat?
Every passenger gets a window seat, and a two way headset so you can communicate with the pilot for the entire flight.
What if I get motion sick easily?
If you get motion sick on planes, you might want to take precautions before your flight such as medications. Sick bags are available on the plane.
What happens in the case of bad weather?
If your flight is postponed due to weather or other unseen events out of our control we are happy to work with your schedule to rebook your tour. Of course, we also provide a full refund if you cannot rebook your tour.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!