Introducing a half day transfer tour from Anchorage to Whittier with a visit to the Alaska Conservation Center along the way. This 3-3.5 hour tour is a great add-on to your upcoming Alaska Cruise.
Your tour starts with a pick up from your hotel (around 12:30pm to 1pm) or at the airport (around 1pm to 1:15pm). Enjoy the beautiful scenic view of Turnagain Arm along the way and listen to your professional guide's live tour commentary. Stop at Beluga Point for a short break and photo opportunities.
Next, we'll head to the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center to view Alaska's most famous animals up close in their near natural habitat. During this visit, you can take great pictures of wildlife including black and brown Bears, elks, moose, muskox, caribou, bison, lynx, and many more. Admission to the Wildlife Center is included.
Wrap up your transfer with a magnificent view at Portage Lake overlook before getting off at the cruise terminal in Whittier. Glaciers can be seen at the overlook depending on the weather conditions. PLEASE NOTE: THIS TOUR IS ONLY AVAILABLE ON WEDNESDAYS, SATURDAYS, AND SUNDAYS.
Duration: 3-3.5 hours (Transfer from Anchorage to Whittier Cruise Terminal)
- Transportation from Anchorage to Whittier Cruise Terminal
- Airport or Hotel (listed below) pick-up service:
- Anchorage International Airport
- Sheraton Anchorage Hotel - 401 E 6th Ave
- Hilton Anchorage - 500 W 3rd Ave
- Captain Cook Hotel - 939 W 5th Ave
- Marriott Downtown - 820 W 7th Ave
- Hampton Inn - 4301 Credit Union Dr
- Crowne Plaza - 109 W International Airport Rd
- Admission to Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
- Live tour narration
Duration: 3-3.5 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- Up to 30 minutes - Pick up at hotels and airport in Anchorage
- 1.5 hours - Turnagain Arm tour by bus
- 10 minutes - Beluga Point photo stop
- 1 hour - Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
- 10 minutes - Portage Lake photo stop
- 10 minutes - Drop off at Whittier cruise ship terminal
- Pick up is only available at the airport and the hotels listed above. If you are staying at a different hotel than the ones listed, you can choose the nearest one to your hotel, or take your hotel’s shuttle to the airport, if offered.
- This tour meets in front of your hotel or at the airport. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to climb three steps into and out of the bus. There is limited space for collapsible wheelchairs and walkers. There is no storage available for motorized scooters. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsible equipment will be required on tour.
I don't know which hotel I'll be staying at yet. Can I still make a reservation?
Yes, you can go ahead and make your reservation and contact us later to update your pick up location. That way you'll secure your spot before the date fills up. If we haven’t heard from you within about a week of your trip, we will try to contact you.
Do you have any luggage limit per person?
No, we do not have any luggage limitations.
How many passengers does the tour bus hold?
Our shuttle buses hold up to 28 passengers.
Are there bathrooms available?
There are bathrooms at the cruise terminals and at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center. Also, the driver can always make an unscheduled stop if there is an urgent need.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!