One of the most popular sites in Ketchikan is the Saxman Totem Village. This is Ketchikan's largest totem park with 29 authentic totems carved by Tlingit and Haida natives. The poles were moved here from the original site in the 1930's and have been restored by native carvers. These totem poles are a must see when visiting Ketchikan.
The next part of your journey will continue on to Herring Bay, a quaint area that takes you far away from the crowds and people. A small inlet cove that will allow sights and sounds of the beautiful wildlife that only Ketchikan can offer. During Salmon season, Black Bears, Eagles, Herons and Seals are often spotted in this area. Be sure to keep your eyes wandering and your cameras close!
Your next stop will include a visit to Rainbow Falls. Immerse yourself in the beauty of a 100 foot waterfall surrounded by a rainforest. This hidden treasure is well known by the locals, but not by tourists.
Your last stop of the day will be at Creek street, where your guide will talk about the ladies of the night of years ago. You'll then have the option to go through world famous Dolly's House Museum or we'll return you to your ship.
Please note: Children prices are valid for ages 4-12. Under 4 are free.
Duration: 2.5 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal.)
- Roundtrip narrated scenic transportation
- Entrance into Dolly's House Museum
Duration: 2.5 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 25 minutes scenic narrated drive to Herring Cove
- 25 minutes wildlife search and scenic viewing
- 10 minutes walk for waterfall viewing
- 10 minutes drive to Saxman Village
- 30 minutes photo stop at Saxman Village
- 10 minutes drive return to downtown
- 30 minutes walking city tour
- 10 minutes transport to cruise ship terminal
- This tour meets in the Ketchikan Visitor's Bureau building. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to climb 4 steps into and out of the bus. There is limited space for collapsible wheelchairs and walkers. There is no storage availble for motorized scooters. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsible equipment will be required on tour.
Will I see any wildlife or bears on this tour?
Wildlife is abundant in Southeast Alaska and sightings are possible on any tour. Bears are often seen during the late summer salmon spawning season, however cannot be guaranteed!
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!