From downtown Ketchikan, take a trip north to the Clover Pass Resort. Here you will experience a much quieter, local vibe and even the weather seems to typically be much nicer. Our guides will paddle along with you as you travel through the protected ocean waterways of Clover Pass. This route will have you circumnavigating 2 to 3 small islands that feature an immense array of inter-tidal life, a bald eagles nest, and resident sea lions and seals. There is also a potential to encounter many types of migratory birds, Sitka deer, Pacific porpoises, humpback whales and even Orcas as well!
With a maximum of 6 guests per guide, our kayak tour is a special experience that is both intimate and educational. With such small groups on each tour, we are able to provide the benefit to our guests of spending more time paddling on the water than other water tours and have no desire to make our guests feel rushed throughout any portion of the experience.
The truly unique aspect that sets our tours apart is our terrific team of guides. The crew we have features mainly local guides who have experience working in various industries throughout the winter.
Please note: Minimum age is 10 years old .
Duration: 4 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal.)
- Roundtrip transportation from the cruise ship terminal
- 6:1 guide to guest ratio
- Rain Pants/Jackets provided
- Kayaking pogies to keep hands warm
- Dry bags provided to put your camera and other items in
- A smoke salmon dip snack along with crackers and veggies.
- Drink selection of hot chocolate, tea, water or coffee
- Local shop next door with a great selection of Alaskan beers available to purchase.
- Dress in warm layers, wear comfortable shoes
- Guests must sign a liability waiver
- Maximum of 54" waistline to comfortably fit into kayak cockpit
Duration: 4 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 20 minutes ride to the Resort
- 30 minutes to get geared up for paddling and safety briefing
- Up to 2.5 hours on the water (flexible)
- 20 minutes to snack and relax
- 20 minutes ride back to town
- This tour meets at the cruise ship terminal. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. There are two flights of stairs leading up to our downtown office but there is a ramp to the dock where we load into the kayaks.
What type of clothing should I wear?
Dress for the weather. Layered clothing is always recommended for Alaskan weather.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
There is a minimum age of 10 years old to participate.
Can I bring a backpack?
Backpacks, small bags, and purses are allowed on this tour.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!