Ride the Mountain Goat on this tour and let it take you up and into the Tongass National Rainforest. From the air we'll see endless waterfalls, pristine alpine lakes, 200 foot old growth spruce trees and more as we soar through the Ketchikan Alps. Only from the air can you get a real sense of how vast the Alaskan wilderness is.
Your pilot guide will do their best to point out wildlife and will have the freedom to show tailor the flight path to what you want to see most. The 30-minute flight will expand your horizons and take you on a breathtaking journey you won't soon forget!
Please Note: This tour is a non-stop wilderness flight with no landing. Minimum number of passengers required to book is 2. There is a maximum of 3 passengers per helicopter. If there are more than 3 passengers, please contact us for availability.
Duration: 1 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal. Flight time: 30 minutes.)
- Minimum of 2 passengers required to book
- Maximum of 3 passengers (contact us for larger group availability)
Duration: 1 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 15-20 minutes roundtrip transportation to helicopter base
- 10 minutes preflight safety briefing and preparation
- 30 minutes of flightseeing
- This tour meets at the Ketchikan Visitors Information Center. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility and wheelchair accessible. We can get guests directly beside the helicopter with our van onto level ground and aid in thier entry. Please leave a comment during checkout if ADA accommodations will be required on tour.
How many passengers ride in the helicopter together?
There is a maximum of 3 passengers per helicopter. If there are more than 3 passengers, please contact us for availability.
Will I see any wildlife or bears on this tour?
Wildlife is abundant in Southeast Alaska and sightings are possible on any tour, however this is not a designated wildlife tour and nothing can be guaranteed.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
There are no age restrictions for this tour.
Can I bring a backpack?
All bags must be stored at the helicopter base. Carry-on bags (including purses, backpacks and camera/video bags), GoPro Extension poles, selfie-sticks, any tablet device (including iPads and iPad minis), Drones and animal of any kind are not permitted on this tour.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Food and drink are not allowed during this tour.
What type of clothing should I wear?
Layered clothing and sunglasses are strongly recommended.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!