A beautiful and scenic ride to the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge kicks off this tour. Guests will be transported to Skilak Lake, an immense and crystal blue shimmering lake carved by glaciers. After a brief safety orientation, guests will board a boat for the scenic tour where they will be on the lookout for nearby wildlife and full and breathtaking views around Skilak Lake.
An experienced and skilled captain will be guiding guests on this boat tour, also providing their knowledge of the surrounding wilderness throughout the adventure. Guests will be able to experience a genuine Alaskan backcountry setting, abundant with wildlife spottings like bald eagles and even bears!
The return trip to Seward will include some beautiful stops along the journey for photo opportunities and to stretch your legs. Along the way, wildlife spottings are typical for the keen eye as well as views of the Chugach and Kenai mountains. Guests looking to experience plenty of the region's beauty in a natural setting, with expert guides to heighten the trip, will not be disappointed!
Included: Ground transportation to trail/hiking area. Lunch which includes deli wraps, granola bar, and piece of fruit.
Duration: 11 hours
- Ground transportation to the trailhead
- Lunch: deli wraps, granola bar, piece of fruit
- Professional backcountry wilderness guide for an interpretive hike
- Wear sturdy, broken-in hiking boots or shoes.
- Dress in layers and current weather conditions (a rain jacket is recommended)
- Please eat a hearty breakfast in the morning prior to arriving for your trip and bring snacks, and a full water bottle.
- Camera, sunglasses, sunscreen, bug spray, and any personal items.
Duration: 11 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 1.5~2 hours - transport from Seward to Skilak Lake
- 30 minutes - preparation and safety briefing
- 6 hours - hiking and boating (depending on the group)
- 30 minutes - photo opportunities and bathroom break
- 1.5~2 hours - transport return to Seward
- This tour meets within the Small Boat Harbor. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not wheelchair or limited mobility accessible.
Is this hiking tour suitable for young children?
Absolutely, we have a myriad of hiking areas to guide you on; from easy to strenuous. Kids and families are a regular on this hiking tour.
Can I bring a backpack?
Backpacks, small bags, and purses are allowed on this tour.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Non-alcoholic beverages in a closeable containters and snacks are allowed on tour.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!
Aug 2020 - Oleksandr Z.
One of the best trip for all my vacation. Really big thanks to Robin She did this day. I'm still excited ☺️