With 7.5 hours on the water, this cruise allows time for the captain to seek out the best wildlife viewing opportunities in the area!
The captain will guide the vessel alongside seabird rookeries in the Chiswell Islands or Cape Resurrection, home to thousands of nesting seabirds including puffins, kittiwakes, and cormorants. You will also visit Steller sea lion colonies, where Steller sea lions gather on the rugged, rocky coastline. Whales, sea otters, Dall's porpoises, bald eagles, and mountain goats are also commonly seen along the route. The National Park Ranger on board will provide a full narration of the journey and be happy to answer any questions you may have along the way.
The boat will stop in front of Holgate and Aialik Glaciers where you will watch for potential calving, where chunks of ice break off and crash into the water.
Children will also have the option to participate in the Junior Ranger Program to have some special fun while being educated!
Please note: Delicious all-you-can-eat Alaska salmon and prime rib meal available for purchase beforehand or onboard for $24.
Included: Complimentary use of binoculars while onboard. Life jackets and life rafts are onboard in case of emergency. This cruise is not recommended for those who are prone to seasickness since it travels through the open Gulf of Alaska.
2022 CRUISE SEASON CHANGES:
- We have replaced the buffet-style meal option on our 7.5 Hour Cruise with a complimentary pre-packaged deli style lunch. Guests will have their choice from three sandwich options: turkey, roast beef, or vegetarian.
- The deli lunch will be provided to guests at no additional cost.
- Plexiglas has been added around the meal service and check-in areas for added protection.
- Cruises that previously hosted onboard National Park Rangers will now be narrated by onboard naturalists. The naturalists will lead an interactive program for kids throughout the cruise.
Duration: 7.5 hours
- View 2 active tidewater glaciers - Holgate & Aialik
- Complimentary use of binoculars
- Guaranteed reserved seating in a heated cabin for every guest
- Multiple viewing decks
- Deli-style lunch
- Chance to see an abundance of wildlife including but not limited to: whales, sea otters, steller sea lions, harbor seals, puffins, eagles, seabirds
Duration: 7.5 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- This tour meets at the 4th Avenue check-in office. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- The Glacier Express catamaran used for this tour is wheelchair accessible on the main deck inside only.
Do we stop and get off the boat during the cruise?
Our guests stay on the boat for the entire cruise to maximize glacier and wildlife viewing opportunities.
What should I wear?
Guests are urged to dress in layers, including a warm rainproof coat, hat, gloves, and comfortable, rubber-soled shoes. Guests are welcome to stay in our heated cabins, but warm clothes are recommended for guest who would like to spend time outside on the viewing decks.
What should I bring?
Cameras (tripods are prohibited), extra batteries, binoculars.
Do you still cruise if it’s raining?
Our cruises go out rain or shine. We only cancel cruises due to unsafe sea conditions, in which case we will notify you as soon as possible. We reserve the right to cancel or re-route our cruises based on weather or other conditions. If the route of the Kenai Fjords National Park tour is limited to the confines of Resurrection Bay, we will refund per adult and per child.
Is your boat wheelchair accessible?
The boat used for this tour is wheelchair accessible on the main deck inside only
Is there a place to store my luggage during the cruise?
You are welcome to store your luggage in our office during your cruise. We can also assist with delivering luggage to the train or cruise ship depots in Seward and Whittier.
Can I bring my pet on board?
Pets are not permitted onboard unless your pet is a needed companion due to a medical reason. There are several doggy daycare/boarding facilities in Seward.
Do you allow smoking on board?
No. All vessels are non-smoking. There are no designated areas on the vessels for smoking.
Aug 2020 - Kathy W.
Amazing thank you