Your tour begins when the guide picks you up from your cruise ship terminal, or hotel. Once you arrive at the trailhead, you will be equipped with all the equipment and knowledge you will need to begin your hike.
Enjoy being one with the rugged Alaskan wildlife as you hike to the glacier's edge, where the adventure really begins! You'll spend 4 hours exploring all of what Exit Glacier has to offer. Some things you can expect to see are large glacier crevasses, blue ice, and crackling ice. Stop for a lunch break on the glacier, before hiking back to the trailhead. Please note: This tour is available with pick up in Seward, or can meet-on-location at the park entrance. Choose to be collected at your selected pickup point in Seward or meet us at Exit Glacier Nature Center a few miles outside of the town of Seward.
If you chose to be collected from Seward then be prepared to begin bright and early: please be ready to be picked up from your cruise ship terminal, or selected pick-up point 15 minutes before your scheduled pick up time.
Duration: 8 hours (Roundtrip from the cruise ship terminal.)
- Roundtrip transportation
- Professional and knowledgable mountaineering guide
- Glacier equipment: crampons, harness, helmet, trekking poles, backpack
- Lunch: deli wraps, granola bar, piece of fruit
- Minimum age is 10 years old
- Participants should be in good physical condition (able to hike over steep, uneven terrain for 4-5+ miles)
- Not recommended for guests with back problems or heart conditions
Duration: 8 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 15~30 minutes - transport to glacier trailhead
- 30 minutes - equipment and safety briefing
- 1~1.5 hours - hike to the glacier's edge
- 4 hours - hiking and exploring the glacier and lunch break
- 1 hour - hike back to the trailhead
- 15~30 minutes - transport to the cruise ship terminal
- Pick-up from the cruise ship terminal or your hotel. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not wheelchair or limited mobility accessible.
Is this tour suitable for young children?
You must be at least 10 years of age to participate in this tour.
Can I bring a backpack?
Backpacks, small bags, and purses are allowed on this tour.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Non-alcoholic beverages in a closeable containters and snacks are allowed on tour.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!
Sep 2019 - Nina Areli M.
We had the most amazing experience on this tour! Our guide, Todd made us feel safe all the time and was very patient. The views and the feeling on the ice totally worth it. I absolutely recommend this tour.