A scenic 20-minute flight in the seaplane will give you breathtaking views as you have a chance to witness and photograph bears feeding in the intertidal marine habitat. Additionally, there are great chances to see many of Alaska's other wildlife creatures including whale, sea otter, sea lion, seal, harlequin duck, and bald eagles.
Once the seaplane lands on the water you'll be able to disembark from the seaplane and step onto the aircraft floats. Your pilot will share their knowledge of the salmon-filled habitat and point out viewing targets for you. From the aircraft you will have a chance to watch the bears feed on salmon here if their appetites hit. Although wildlife sightings are not guaranteed, keep your camera ready for a myriad of photo opportunities!
NOTES: Guests should wear comfortable, sturdy footwear and dress appropriately for weather conditions. .
Duration: 1.5 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal. Flight time: 40 minutes. Bear Viewing time: 50 minutes.)
- Although bears fee on salmon here and sightings are common; they can never be guaranteed; nor can we guarantee how close they will be to us.
- This tour is great for all ages & abilities
- Comfortable hiking footwear, layered clothing, and rain gear
Duration: 1.5 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 40 minutes of roundtrip flight
- 50 minutes at Neets Bay, Alaska - aircraft positioned for bear photos and guests will remain on aircraft floats
**All tour times are estimated and may vary slightly according to wind, weather, and wildlife viewing conditions. All final tour routes on pilot safety discretion.
- This tour meets at the bronze statue adjacent to Visitors Bureau for a courtesy shuttle pickup. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility and wheelchair accessible.
How many passengers ride in the floatplane together?
There is a maximum of either 6 or 9 passengers per floatplane. If there are more than 9 passengers, multiple planes will fly at the same time for the tour to accommodate the additional guests.
What is the temperature in the floatplane?
The temperature during flight is roughly similar to the ground temperature, and each plane is equiped with heaters if necessary.
Will I get a window seat on the plane?
Yes, all seats on the floatplane have a window view.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
There are no age restrictions for this tour.
What type of clothing should I wear?
Guests should wear comfortable, sturdy footwear and dress appropriately for weather conditions.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!