Your memorable journey starts when you board a luxury high-speed catamaran from the downtown waterfront of Alaska's first city, Ketchikan to the beautiful Misty Fjords National Monument. After entering this majestic wilderness area at the entrance to Rudyerd Bay you will be surrounded by towering cliffs, sheer rock faces and waterfalls cascading into emerald lakes and fjords.
Along the way, your naturalist guide may point out an active eagle's nest or an age-old Alaska Native pictograph. You'll cruise past Punchbowl Cove and its columnar basalt formations. You'll see the Mossy Wall bird rookery. And for a look at the massive geologic forces that shaped this area six million years ago, your catamaran will glide in for closeup of the New Eddystone Rock, a volcanic plug rising 237 feet out of the water.
Throughout your cruise, you'll be treated to snacks and drinks while you tune into the guide who's describing the area's natural history - in depth. Keep your eyes open and your camera ready, because you may see bears, mountain goats, timber wolves, seals, sea lions and killer whales. You can stay cozy in the cabin, or if you want the true mist-in-your-face experience, head for the outside deck.
Duration: 5.5 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal.)
- Light snacks including muffins, trail mix, bottled water, coffee, tea, hot chocolate.
- Due to Coastal Guard Regulations, this tour is limited to 44 guests. All guests who book do count towards a seat regardless of age.
Duration: 5.5 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 5 minutes transfer to boat
- 5.5 hours round trip scenic cruising to Misty Fjords National Monument
- This tour meets at the Liquid Sunshine Rain Gauge. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to get on and out of the boat which consists of about 5 steps.
Are there restrooms on the boat?
Yes, the boat is equipped with restrooms.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
There are no age restrictions for this tour.
Are food and drink included?
Light snacks including muffins, trail mix, bottled water, coffee, tea, hot chocolate are included.
What type of clothing should I wear?
Layered clothing is recommended.
What if my tour is cancelled due to bad weather?
All tours that cancel because of weather will be fully refunded with no fees or penalties.
Will I see any wildlife or bears on this tour?
Wildlife is abundant in Southeast Alaska and sightings are possible on any tour, however this is not a designated wildlife tour and nothing can be guaranteed.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!