**THIS TOUR IS NO LONGER TAKING RESERVATIONS FOR THE 2020 SEASON**
Take a tour through the highlights of Sitka! Meet your tour guide at the Harrigan Centennial Hall and visit the Alaska Raptor Center, Sitka National Historical Park, and the Sitka Sound Science Center in an unforgettable, educational journey.
At the Alaska Raptor Center learn about the center's mission to rehabilitate and release birds of prey back into the wild as well as viewing a presentation featuring one of the center's educational birds. During your visit, you will be able to explore the outdoor habitats, view the flight center, and meet with the bird care professionals and volunteers.
After visiting the Alaska Raptor Center, guests will be taken to the Sitka National Historical Park. This park features a stunning collection of Tlingit and Haida totem poles and is the perfect opportunity to learn more about the culture and history of the land from local native Alaskan artisans. Walk the winding paths and trails through the forest, discover the totem poles, and learn about the people that helped shaped Sitka's history in a one of a kind visit!
Finally, you will stop at the Sitka Sound Science Center, a research and educational facility that is dedicated to increasing understanding and awareness of ecosystems on both land and sea. Explore multiple aquarium exhibits (including a life touch tank!) and experience the local sea life first hand. This is an educational opportunity that is fun for the whole family!
Duration: 3.5 hours (Roundtrip from Harrigan Centennial Hall.)
- Entrance and activity fees
Duration: 3.5 hours
- 10 minutes - transfer to the Raptor Center
- 1 hour - at Raptor Center
- 5 minutes - transfer to the Sitka National Historical Park
- 1 hour - at the Sitka National Historical Park
- 5 minutes - transfer to the Sitka Sound Science Center
- 1 hour - at the Sitka Sound Science Center
- 10 minutes - transfer back to Harrigan Centennial Hall
- This tour meets at Harrigan Centennial Hall. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility and wheelchair accessible. While this tour is limited mobility accessible, it is not recommended for guests who cannot walk up to 1.5 miles. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for motorized equipment will be required on tour. If the operator is unaware beforehand of necessary accommodations, they may not be able to accommodate guests day-of.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
There are no age restrictions for this tour.
Can I bring a backpack?
Backpacks, small bags, and purses are allowed on this tour.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Non-alcoholic beverages in a closeable containters and snacks are allowed on tour.
Are food and drink included?
No food or drinks are included.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!