Welcome to Sitka, the heart of the Tongass National Rainforest! Abundant with all kinds of wildlife, take to the Sika Sound on this finely curated tour by boat. Your US Coast Guard licensed Captain will take you aboard their 24' Hewescraft aluminum vessel for a two hour long adventure full of the animals Sitka has to offer.
In these nutrient rich North Pacific waters you can expect to see humpback whales, sea lions, otters, seals, and an array of birds. If you're very lucky you may even see an orca or two! Your guide will take you through coves, islands, and the open ocean in search of a variety of wildlife.
This tour meets from Crescent Harbor in Downtown Alaska, which is directly adjacent to Harrigan Centennial Hall-- the main depot for cruiseline passengers. This tour operator is a proud Whale SENSE participant. Please Note: Whale and wildlife sightings are not guaranteed. Guests weighing over 240lbs must purchase 2 seats due to limited boat capacity. This tour is not wheelchair or limited mobility accessible.
Duration: 2 hours (Roundtrip from Harrigan Centennial Hall.)
- Roundtrip transportation from Crescent Harbor
- Coast Guard Licsensed Captain
- Coast Guard Licsensed Vessel
- Whale SENSE Participating company
Duration: 2 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 2 hours duration on the coastal waters of Sitka, Alaska
- This tour meets from Crescent Harbor in Downtown Sitka, which is directly adjacent to Harrigan Centennial Hall-- the main depot for cruiseline passengers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not wheelchair or limited mobility accessible. Due to vessel space we can not accommodate regular or collapsible wheelchairs, walkers, or motorized scooters.
How many passengers does the boat hold?
This boat can hold up to 5 passengers.
Are there restrooms on the boat?
No, the boat does not have restrooms.
How close will we get to the whales?
Humpback whales and other sea animals are protected species and a safe distance of at least 100 yards must be maintained at all times according to NOAA regulations. We are a proud supporter and participant of Whale SENSE.
Are whale sightings guaranteed?
Whale and wildlife sightings are not guaranteed.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
Children must be 3 or older to join this tour.
Are there any restrictions for adults?
Guests over 240 pounds must purchase two tickets due to limited boat capacity. This tour is not reccommended for pregnant guests.
Can I bring a backpack?
Backpacks, small bags, and purses are allowed on this tour.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!