Get up close to Denali (formerly Mount McKinley), the highest point in North America at 20,237 feet. Climb along the "spine" of the Alaska Range to see the massive Muldrow Glacier and the near-vertical Wickersham Wall, the north face of Denali. Experience braided rivers, glacial valleys, and alpine tundra. Tours return along the Stampede Trail with a fly-over of the "Magic Bus" made famous by the book and movie Into the Wild. You'll enjoy all of these views from the comfort of your window seat on our twin-engine plane.
Guests should come prepared with layered clothing, sunglasses, and a charged camera.
Please note: Flights only operate under favorable weather. The decision to fly is made one hour before the scheduled departure. Guests will be notified by the operator if the excursion is cancelled, in which case guests will receive a full refund.
Please note: Transportation provided from most area hotels (Aspen Haus Bed and Breakfast, Cabins at Denali, Carlo Creek Lodge, Crow's Nest Cabins, Denali Bluffs Hotel, Denali Cabins, Denali Dome Home Bed and Breakfast, Denali Faith Hill Lodge, Denali Grizzly Bear Resort, Denali Lake View Inn, Denali National Park Wilderness Access Center, Denali Park Hotel, Denali Park Village, Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge, Denali RV Park and Motel, Denali Touch of Wilderness B&B, EarthSong Lodge, Grande Denali Lodge, McKinley Chalet Resort, Miners Market Gas Station, Nord Haven Motel, Totem Inn, White Moose Lodge).
Duration: 3 hours (Round trip transportation from hotel. Flight time: 90 minutes.)
- Roundtrip transportation from hotel
- Headsets to listen to the narration by your pilot
- Twin-engine plane allows for every seat to be window seat
Duration: 3 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 30 minutes - 1 hour pickup from hotel
- 10 minues safety breifing
- 90 minutes flight time
- This tour meets at several locations. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. With limited assistance, guests must be able to step into and out of vehicles and aircraft. There is space for collapsible wheelchairs and walkers. There is no storage available for motorized scooters. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsible equipment will be required on tour.
Can I bring a backpack?
Small bags are allowed on the flight. Large bags must be left at the hotel.
Can I bring my own food and drink?
Food and drink are not allowed onto the aircraft.
Are food and drink included?
Food and drink are not included.
Are there child prices?
There are. Child and adult prices are reflected in the tour booking section.
What type of clothing should I wear?
Layered clothing, hats, gloves and sunglasses are strongly recommended.
Will I be able to communicate with the pilot?
Yes! Each passenger will recieve a two-way headset to communicate with the pilot.
Will I get a window seat?
Absolutely! Every seat on our plane is a window seat.
Will I see wildlife?
While it is possible to see some wildlife from the air, due to the altitude we need to fly at to see Denali, animal sightings are relatively difficult.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!