Your guide will meet you in Talkeetna for your complimentary scenic transportation an hour north to Trapper Creek. After a brief safety demonstration, you will begin your journey down the nineteen-mile ride down the glacier sourced waters of the Chulitna.
On your float back to Talkeetna, you'll see bald eagles, bear, salmon, and even moose. With the backdrop of remote Denali it makes the perfect place for one of a kind memories, photos, and experiences.
Duration: 4 hours
- Transportation to and from local lodging
- Gear/equipment: Rain jacket, rain pants, life vest, rubber over boots
Duration: 5 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 45 minute drive from office to launch site on the Chilitna River
- 15-20 minutes gearing up and safety briefing
- 3.5-4 hour float back from Talkeetna
- 10 minute walk from the river back to Talkeetna downtown office
- Minimum age: 8 years old
- Signed liability waiver
- This tour meets at your hotel. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to climb 4 steps in and out of van and be comfortable sitting on a raft with no back support for up to 4 hours. There is limited storage in the vehicle for foldable wheelchairs or walkers and we can have them waiting at the office. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsable equipment will be required on the tour.
Does the raft provide back support?
Our rafts are 16 foot NRS rubber rafts that are unmotorized, uncovered, and have no back support. Guests must be comfortable to sit along raft with no back support.
Is there a restroom along the way?
We have a porta-potty at the departure point of the Chulitna River and can make "nature pit stops" if needed along the rivers edge but no restrooms once we are on our way.
Will we see the Alaska Range?
The Chulitna River Float Trip offers some of the most spectacular views, weather depending, of the Alaska Range for a large portion of the float trip.
Will we see wildlife?
Bald eagles, waterfowl, and beaver are all common sights, and we also have the opportunity to see bear, moose, fox, and wolves however this is not a designated wildlife tour and specific wildlife cannot be guaranteed.
Can we bring backpacks?
While we strongly suggest leaving your bags with us, securely in our office, you can bring personal belongings however nothing can be attached to your back as to not impede the safety of your life-jacket.
Are cameras allowed?
Do you offer transportation from Talkeetna to the boat site?
Yes, there is a complimentary drive to the boat side from Talkeetna. You will ride the raft back to Talkeetna.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!