This small group tour begins in Fairbanks and makes a scenic drive to Chena Hot Spring Resort. Your fully guided ride on the wintery roads runs alongside a portion of the Yukon Quest's trail, a 1,000-mile international sled dog race! Look for moose as we pass through Two Rivers, home to Iditarod musher Aliy Zirkle, and into the Chena River State Recreation area. Once at the end of the road, we'll visit the Aurora Ice Museum, soak in the Chena Hot Springs mineral water rock pools, and enjoy an Alaskan dinner.
At Chena Hot Springs we will tour the world-class Aurora Ice Museum where you'll walk through the gallery of ice art sculptures created and maintained for over 10 years! While in the Aurora Ice Museum, guests 21 years and older have time to purchase a cocktail that is served in real ice "glassware" at the Aurora Ice Bar which has caribou fur covered stools by the ice fireplace! Please note that the ice martini is not included in the cost of the tour and is approximately $15 per person.
After the Ice Museum, we'll eat dinner at the Chena Hot Springs Restaurant which boasts greenhouse to table dining featuring "Chena Fresh" lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers and herbs grown in the local greenhouses at Chena Hot Springs. Don't worry, this plated dinner of an Alaskan catch, fresh seasonal vegetables, and a dessert at the restaurant is included!
Following dinner you'll have time to sit back and relax in the healing waters of Chena Hot Springs' mineral water rock pools. This outside geothermal hot spring is for ages 18 years and older, but you can also take advantage of the indoor pool and hot tubs that have chlorinated geothermal water! Don't forget to bring your swimsuit and a towel from your hotel on this tour and quarters for the lockers.
Your tour concludes with transportation back to Fairbanks with final commentary by your local Alaskan Guide. Complimentary snacks and bottled glacier wellness water are available onboard the sprinter van. This is not an Aurora tour.
Duration: 8 hours (Roundtrip transportation from local pick-up location.)
- Roundtrip transportation
- Narration from local Alaskan guide
- Aurora Ice Museum admission
- Outdoor rock pool / Indoor pool swim & soak pass
- Winter gear (per request)
- Greenhouse to Table local dinner
- Complimentary snacks, baked treats, instant ramen noodles, hot beverages and bottled Alaksan glacier water
- Pick up from major Fairbanks hotels per request (limit 3 hotel pick ups per tour, based on first come first serve basis)
Duration: 8 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 2 hours narrated tour to Chena Hot Springs
- 2 hours at Aurora Ice Museum
- 1 hour dinner
- 2 hours swim and soak
- 1 hour transportation to Fairbanks
- Minimum age: 8 years old
- Minimum of 2 passengers required to book
- Swimsut, towel and quarters for lockers
- Pregnant guests are not allowed in the outdoor rock pool at the Chena Hot Springs
- This tour meets at a few local hotels. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not wheelchair or limited mobility accessible.
What type of clothing should I wear?
We reccomend wearing layers, a weatherproof outer coat, comfortable shoes and sunglasses.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!